Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

trackday brake fluid

Guest STiEVO

STiEVO said:

im getting confused , have i used the wrong fluid?

don't worry koro, rbf600 is the right stuff, i've run it in my foz for the last year mixed with other fluids.

YOU CAN NOT USE THAT AS AN EXCUSE TO WIMP OUT ON THE TRACK DAY TOMORROW! :-*

Guest Fastfour

Im using RBF660 - was told that they dont make RBF600 anymore and the 660 has superceeded it.

Will see how it goes tomorrow ( I mean today)

Guest boostcut

RICK!!!! im happy to tell you that i did a test on friday much to my bosses disgust and used a cup full of his brakefluid. now this is what happened.

i mixed normal dot4 fluid with the 5.1 silicon stuff and it mixed perfectly.

next i did another test... i mixed water with dot4 and then added dot5.1 and it mixed with the dot 4 but made the water seperate from the dot4.

if you want me to send you some of this stuff we have it at work, il rob some for your saloon car if you want? see how it goes?

Awesome, but never nick anything !!

The driver of the Saloon fu-ked his neck and having one brain injury has been told never to race again

Life and death stuff, So he's a family man now.

All the Super Saloon stuff inc car and transporter will be up for sale shortly

• 2 weeks later...

Castrol SRF is the best fluid to use but it's over $100 for a can.

Every race car I have ever worked on has used this.

All the EVO Group A & N rally cars

Porsche Gt-3's in Targa ie Jim Richards car 1st in I think 2005

Antons RX-7, P.J. Metro, & RS2000 Targa cars

The Turbo Porsches that where in the GT racing series, Don Kays 1000bhp & Lighting Direct cars.

We also run it in our Midget speedway car (Michael Pickens) 54.

Its the best fluid but it is very expensive for my Peasant racing I use the cans of Porsche Standard fliud that was left over from our Services. Its not as good as SRF but its good enough for Porsche & Lambo to use & those cars can cruze at 300kmh down Autobarns & there fluid gets changed every 2-years.

When we ran GT-3's in the targa we never touched the brakes all event.

Last time I priced Castrol SRF it was $150ish per (litre) bottle. I too have heard really good things about SRF, but have yet to have the budget to allow me to try it! Maybe one day I will give it a crack....

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i run elf htx 115 in my rsb with 4pot 294mm rotors std size and bendix ultimates

they feel mint and it never felt funny at all

we use the elf htx 115 on our racecars (speedway) in supersaloons with 700-800hp motors that are on and off the brakes consistently lap after lap with no problems

i've always flushed with the RBF660 stuff before a trackday as per most comments here

however for my new car i swapped in a newer master cylinder and proportion valve (to match V4 4pot setup)

and bleed everything with a litre of 'auto star super heavy duty DOT 4' at $15 a litre from a brake shop

sounds like a warehouse fluid i know, but my brakes performed perfectly all day including a 12lap stint at manfield last weekend, laping reasonable times.

maybe its a overall weight thing? as i've always had problems with brake fade/spongy/shudder/cracking or warping rotors

food for thought. waiting to confirm this at Ruapuna, my benchmark track.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When i put braided lines on my 90 RS, it took 3 500ml bottles to get the system full again and we bleed about 300ml into the system after that. In saying that we did empty out the system and had some spillage

I'd say get 2 bottles so around 1 to 1.5L of fluid just to be on the safe side.

• 5 months later...