Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

*Stolen* 1993 subaru legacy gt

pawan

hey a mate got his subaru stolen

1993 subaru legacy

rego : yx6943

stolen on 12th november night/ 13th november early morning from blockhouse bay road.

silver legacy with paint fading/repainted in primer on the bonnet and dings on the front bumper and on standard rims.

any information or sighting would be really appreciated.

please text on 0211832594.

he recently bought the car just a couple of weeks back.

thanks.

302773_483095525057610_1873158400_n.jpg

318866_483097841724045_1352015401_n.jpg

yeah the owner just recently bought it from wireatap, just finished getting the car road legal with fresh rego and wof, finished a manual conversion on saturday. owner is really gutted after all the work that was done on the car.

Well the good news is the car was found by the side of the road by the cops with the ignition barrel smashed, the bad news is the engine and gearbox is gone. Car was found yesterday after we called the cops to check if the had found anything.

Sorry gone as in missing they removed the engine and gearbox, police are still fingerprinting the car so might go aroun today or tomorrow and see if it is still worth keeping the car else might scrap the car. The car was found in south Auckland.

had a look at the car its in a real sad state they have taken everything in the interior right down to even the washer sprays. all the door cards. so only things left are a shell glass and interior carpet with the wiring in not to much of a bad state. they have also taken the vin and subaru tags as well. so dont know if the shell is of any use as well. so car is most likely to end up in a metal scrap.

I hope they find the c*nts, that\'s a right good job of ruining a damn nice car. F*cked off to hear about this.

IIRC you CAN get the tags replaced for a bit of fuss. Alternatively, the shell could be good for a race car with no intention of being road legal / legal at great fuss.

Christ I hope they find the f*ckers that did this, and the rest of your damn car. Should be mandatory loss of a hand for every car someone steals.

Holy hell that\'s insane... Sounds like the most thorough stripping job ever...

Yes, the tags can be replaced after communication with VTNZ and Subaru NZ (you have to justify why you need new tags).

Someone\'s STi-RA got the same treatment a few years back, that got turned into a racecar.

THUNDA said:

fark gutted man, next car get a removable steering wheel (clip on)

an alarm wont stop these fuks, they sure as hell wont have a steering wheel in their back pocket

A proper alarm install will stop anything short of a towtruck. Anyone who says otherwise is talking out their arses.

Agree, my car was stolen and recovered several years ago with an honestly GARBAGE alarm install, despite it being a 5-star unit itself. A different branded 5-star unit has been installed since, and several attempts at taking the car have failed. It\'s all about how you install it, and making it an honest C*NT to get to. Unless they have a tow truck, a swearing, cursing, man-tears install should be nigh on impossible for a thief to defeat.

But yes, if you are determined to save her, you can build her back up again. There are S2 parts available and both ClubSUB and DOBC have ample spare parts and ample hook-ups with local businesses that could get you back on your feet once you\'ve replaced the tags. We\'re all pretty gutted for you, and many of the Auckland crew know the car personally, so you\'ll probably find yourself with helping hands too.

At worst, as has been said, she would be an excellent donor shell for a dedicated race car, thanks to being a straight car despite the most recent adventures. But she\'s worth more. If there\'s anything we can help you with, at the very least a few beers to drown it all, holla.