Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

FMIC fan?

loner']

[quote name='ODB said:

Totally need a Soopercooler!

/quote]

That would have to be the best idea!...WAIC. Best solution!

How many of your posts are reiterating the same point chap?

Facts are facts.............what can i say?...........LISTEN?............Its common sense!.....Use what works best for your application. Simple really...............The Yanks are onto it! Why try and make the FMIC system work better for your road car when its more suited to track work and the WAIC system works better in this application?

Because it\'s heavier, more complex, more expensive, less reliable and requires maintenance...

Less reliable? requires maintenance? more complex? Please explain. ??? ??? i reckon sooper is correct ;)

Consider what is going on here:- Adding a fan plus controlling it. Therefore adding weight complexity and cost.

Mr Loner as a 6 year old i reckon you should go back to your play pen! ::) ::) ;D ;D :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

titian']

[quote name='ODB said:

Totally need a Soopercooler!

/quote]

That would have to be the best idea!...WAIC. Best solution!

How many of your posts are reiterating the same point chap?

Facts are facts.............what can i say?...........LISTEN?............Its common sense!.....Use what works best for your application. Simple really...............The Yanks are onto it! Why try and make the FMIC system work better for your road car when its more suited to track work and the WAIC system works better in this application?

Because it\'s heavier, more complex, more expensive, less reliable and requires maintenance...

Less reliable? requires maintenance? more complex? Please explain. ??? ??? i reckon sooper is correct ;)

Consider what is going on here:- Adding a fan plus controlling it. Therefore adding weight complexity and cost.

Mr Loner as a 6 year old i reckon you should go back to your play pen! ::) ::) ;D ;D :D

It requires more maintenance than a FMIC... clearly as it has water in it. It is less reliable as it has moving parts.

It\'s more complex as it just is duh. I may be only six, but look how well I can communicate on teh web already.

Fuck the like button guys can we have a no soopercooler allowed in this discussion button? Might help keep shit on topic rather than deviating off into sooperlala land.

Seriously the weight involved in adding a 7" fan is the difference between pissing before you drive I say piss coz shit would be heavier...

evowrx said:

bother the like button guys can we have a no soopercooler allowed in this discussion button? Might help keep s*** on topic rather than deviating off into sooperlala land.

Seriously the weight involved in adding a 7" fan is the difference between pissing before you drive I say piss coz s*** would be heavier...

My comments about weight/complexity/etc/... where aimed at the whole WAIC thing...

I don\'t actually think you\'re going to gain much with another fan... just do what someone above said and

make sure the existing radiator fans work better for the FMIC...

loner']

[quote name='evowrx said:

bother the like button guys can we have a no soopercooler allowed in this discussion button? Might help keep s*** on topic rather than deviating off into sooperlala land.

Seriously the weight involved in adding a 7" fan is the difference between pissing before you drive I say piss coz s*** would be heavier...

/quote]

My comments about weight/complexity/etc/... where aimed at the whole WAIC thing...

I don\'t actually think you\'re going to gain much with another fan... just do what someone above said and

make sure the existing radiator fans work better for the FMIC...

Reply wasnt to your comment regarding weight it was to the chump saying that adding the fan was adding weight.

evowrx said:

I have children older than you....Have some respect ....You are the chump!

That is probably why you think a WAIC system is high maintenance....The difference in weight between the two systems would also be less than 5 kg. Therefore absolutly no difference in performance due to weight.

However the increase in initail launch torque due to better cooling provided by a WAIC will give you the edge!

This is what the originator of this post is trying to achieve is it not? Better intercooler cooling at a standstill prior to launch?

You know if we get really pedantic with this one (Sorry to keep it off topic but.... just... can\'t... help... myself)

WAIC in theory gives stable temps, as it doesnt get heat soak at idle or low speed. Reason being: it has a fan keeping the water radiator cool. Without this, you purely just have a big wet heat sink sitting above the turbo which would still be relying on airflow over the radiator to do its job.

If you have the same fan instead acting directly on an air-to-air core, you have the same result, without the water medium in the equation. Even though it gets next to no heat soak in the first place - but anyway.

The WAIC doesn\'t give "better" cooling - it can ultimately only still give ambient temp unless you add ice to it. If the air-to-air cooler is getting the same end results (no heat soak, and adequate cooling ability) then in a roundabout way, it is now an improvement over the WAIC setup.

Where W2A shines is in a drag racing equation, where you can use a finite supply of ice to cool for the 10-20 seconds it needs to work, or in a space limited engine bay - other than that, it\'s just "something different"

p.s everyone is a chump

soopersubaru']

/quote]

That is probably why you think a WAIC system is high maintenance....The difference in weight between the two systems would also be less than 5 kg. Therefore absolutly no difference in performance due to weight.

However the increase in initail launch torque due to better cooling provided by a WAIC will give you the edge!

This is what the originator of this post is trying to achieve is it not? Better intercooler cooling at a standstill prior to launch?

Dude I am the ORIGINATOR the be and all...botherin whoop whoop. I know thick s***s older and younger than me lol respect in this day and age is earned. Some old people think they know everything and they havent moved with the times...noah could build a mean ark today but dude we have real boats these days... Guess what the originator didnt ask about a waic go play with you grandma.

No offence meant ::)

evowrx']

/quote]

Dude I am the ORIGINATOR the be and all...botherin whoop whoop. I know thick s***s older and younger than me lol respect in this day and age is earned. Some old people think they know everything and they havent moved with the times...noah could build a mean ark today but dude we have real boats these days... Guess what the originator didnt ask about a waic go play with you grandma.

And some people think they know everything, and yet still need to ask Mum for petrol money...

• General Member

And some people spend to much time arguing on the interwebs with a bunch of people who would argue black is white in front of a judge.

I swear to god this particular subforum has become like that moment you see Mormons walking to your door. You know some pious ***t is gonna bore you stupid about something you don\'t give a bother about you just don\'t know how long its gonna take for the conversation to start.

Right or wrong you can not argue with a fanatic.

loner']

/quote]

And some people think they know everything, and yet still need to ask Mum for petrol money...

Too true I arent one of them Im a 40yo 20yo. Be good if I could turn to mumzy dear and get her too adopt our kid and pay for my gas, pay rent etc...

Honestly its a thread about a fan on a fmic. Nek minit - I think I ran a BE right, you need a soopercooler fixes everything. Whats funny is I actually agree with waic I just dont see how its appropiate to every thread that gets posted.

Love a good stir really. Feel free to keep it going :D

soopersubaru said:

the fan idea will not work!...........Stupid at best!

Have you noticed whats happened over the last few days?

I started a thread about a WAIC and proper discussion followed

You continue to bomb peoples threads with how awesome they are and everyone gets angry towards you.

Prehaps its the way your delivery thats not working.

Please stop abusing people for not liking your idea, I can see were gonna end up with another locked thread from abusive argurments.

p.s im not having a go at you, just saying

Can\'t help it

Yes they do work on a top mount - they get hot & heat soaked due to sitting above a hot engine with no airflow. A lot of 4wd types use them and get genuine results out of it since they are often working the motor hard with no real airflow over the cooler, front mount would be no different either. I would have one under my cooler already if I could find a fan thin enough to fit.

You won\'t get MORE cooling, the idea is to mitigate the heat soak which occurs at low speeds / stopped - the vent ends up becoming a chimney for engine heat otherwise

p.s not trying to be a dick here

My thoughts are that there would be small improvements in intake temps after long periods stationary.

Ie fans would help with heatsoak but no benefits would occur when car has been moving and heatsoak is no longer an issue.

Given that Subaru added water spray OEM to some of its cars with top mount its a fair assumption that adding a manual water spray system is more efficient at reducing heat soak and intake temps than a fan would be and given that it works on colling via evaporation it would be effective whilst stationary/heatsoak and under load/while moving.

I guess it carries more weight than a fan and you can run out of I/C water spray after a long drive but yeah.

will the fan restrict airflow when on the move tho as that may become an issue??

with the waterspray, does it even make much difference when stationary (giving it a blast of water wheile stationary and just before moving off)

I would suspect effect would be negligeable.

Think they show value more in applications like MR2 where airflow is shite to I/C, or WAIC.

Personally Id just go with a decent sized core with IC spray for regular air-air intercoolers.

Stoffa']

[quote name='soopersubaru said:

the fan idea will not work!...........Stupid at best!

/quote]

Have you noticed whats happened over the last few days?

I started a thread about a WAIC and proper discussion followed

You continue to bomb peoples threads with how awesome they are and everyone gets angry towards you.

Prehaps its the way your delivery thats not working.

Please stop abusing people for not liking your idea, I can see were gonna end up with another locked thread from abusive argurments.

p.s im not having a go at you, just saying

Point noted..... However as i was attacked first in this post.... I simply responded..

I Have also pointed out why this idea of a fan is ridiculous....AAIC does have issues for the stop start application. Both in TMIC and FMIC configuration due to their low heat sink ability. Either "fanned" or not.

Therefore another type of IC with a high heatsink ability is required.......This other IC has the ability to cope with stop/start...Further it does well at cruise speeds and above......Which therefore suits the road car application. (no more comment from me!)