• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GFB Pulley Kits

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair everyone has there own opinion

Yes a flywheel shows WAY better inprovements than a pulley kit ( the project car has both )

But have never "smashed" and oil pump or seen one "smashed" from a pulley kit

Andre has his opinions and I have mine ( and i'll bet often they differ )

The problem for both himself and I is that we tune cars, guys go out and thrash the nuts out of there engines

Then will always look at the tuner for there engine blowing up - Not a nice situation

Never there fault

I build very strong EJ's with tunes set on the safe side of limits

But it doesn't stop 5th into 2nd downchanges at speed

Opps way off topic now - SHUT UP ICHI

I totally agree about the different opinions part - you rarely get one answer from a variety of people both on forums and in the real world whether it be about pistons, turbo manufacturers, ECU's, of gfb pulley kits haha

Out of interest Ichi where do you tune cars?

evlRA said:

I totally agree about the different opinions part - you rarely get one answer from a variety of people both on forums and in the real world whether it be about pistons, turbo manufacturers, ECU's, of gfb pulley kits haha

2 People could be at the top of there game in ANYTHING and have differing opinions on even the fundamentals.

The best advice is to research carefully and learn from other peoples mistakes. Be carefull who you listen too and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.

evlRA said:

Out of interest Ichi where do you tune cars?

Do tuning on road, real time tuning.

With laptop , wide band and knock

Obviuosly full track cars are tuned on dyno , but i find road cars tune better with real time tuning

Run a few on dyno to get top Kw figure on paper

At the end of the day top figure is just that ( Glory claim :) )

PhatRS']

[quote name='evlRA said:

no. I said you will not notice the power gain or the throttle response..

And is this un-noticible difference worth the loss in engine life?

When building my car i wanted to get the GFB pulley kit however Andre Simon suggested otherwise.. his words of wisdom.

/quote]

"snip" Had them on for 4 years now and still on the same motor. Still didnt notice much if any difference tho.

pretty much the same... had for 4 years same motor don't notice any difference ....

ive had the 3set of pulleys for few years now i didnt notice much power difference however on the twin turbo engine it did make it rev more freely, these are now on a rebuilt forged v3 sti engine using only two pulleys due to flipped manifold and have been on since engine was built run-in so with reguarding to lifespan hopefully give me a few years and ill let you know no ill effect on engine or dramatically anyways, done almost 20k so far

cheers solja

evlRA said:

yea engine life will be short, however i dont want to add any more risk if i dont have to i.e pulleys

I would expect chasing those power figures, the pulleys will be one of the last things to effect 'reliability' - thats if reliability and redicculous power figures can even be mentioned in the same sentence

• General Member

Your message

To: "GFB NZ" <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: ClubSub BOV JoKer

Sent: Wed Jun 10 07:06:40 2009

did not reach the following recipient(s):

[email protected] on Wed Jun 10 07:06:40 2009

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message

was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient

directly to find out the correct address.

<STELLA.gfb.local #5.1.1>

Reporting-MTA: dns; STELLA.gfb.local

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email protected]

Action: failed

X-Supplementary-Info: STELLA.gfb.local

X-Display-Name: [email protected]

wtf does that mean (other than not delivered)

Joker, it probably just means they haven't set up a catchall address for gofastbits.com and their mail server (STELLA) is saying that the address you sent to 'nzsales' does not exist.

Rick, are you still doing tuning work at your 'new location'?

Hi guys, I thought i would put my two cents in.

I have seen alot of race & rally car engines manily 4G63's with aftermarket crank pulleys. We ran them for years & years with no problems. This was when I was working at Ralliart.

Back then you could not buy any so there were always made to suit & always balanced with the other engine compontents.

When I went & worked at Porsche we had a 1000hp at the wheels 911 Race car blow up because the pulley was not made correctly.

I have been looking at geeting some GFB pulleys for my WRX & I believe they are made well enough but I cant justify spending that much money for such little gain maybe if I was rich & not a pesant.

& they do look mint.

Also what you gain in Housepower you loose in torgue.

I see on the website they do not even make a set for the RB26 probably because they have had problems with engine failures.

So I would say you guys all have vailed points.

GC8E2DD said:

Joker, it probably just means they haven't set up a catchall address for gofastbits.com and their mail server (STELLA) is saying that the address you sent to 'nzsales' does not exist.

Rick, are you still doing tuning work at your 'new location'?

Yes I am :)

Guest dynofiend
 98WRX (PEASANT RACING) said:

Also what you gain in Housepower you loose in torgue.

Id be intrested to know how lighter pulleys reduce torque!?

• General Member
 evlRA said:

haha this thread has turned into a debate about pulleys..

umm pulley's are part of the pulley kit?

I would have to read the damn thread to know if question was answered....

why the **** would you be watching twilight???? if you'd mentioned that when voting was on you would have lost my vote!!!! lol so what was the topic???? i forget???? some mod will clean my **** up no doubt! :-* wow stars are cool!!!!