Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

LVVTA CERTS

Just out of curiousity, what needs to be certed. From what I have been hearing you need a cert for almost everything. Anyone got a link on information on items that need to be certed and items that don\'t require a cert?

Yeah, that website it complicated i was just wondering my car was certified with a 3" exhaust system and other items such as adjusties but my exhaust tip doesn\'t have an exhaust sticker ?????

When you book a cert tell the guy EVERY thing done to your car even if you think it doesnt matter. Cert guy got all anal with a mate because he told him it just had adjusties. Had to be certed for steering wheel/fmic/rims/adjusties/seats/20% power increase/etc.

Guest hate-evoz

whatever gets certed which cant fit on the plate gets given on a piece of paper to put in the glove box to give to police to show etc iirc

yeah exhaust cert goes on the exhaust tip im in the process of doing mine - ive had a mate get pinkied for exhaust even with exhaust cert sticker on his exhaust tip and paperwork. all matters on the cop you get and his or hers attitude imo :)

• 1 month later...
 evowrx said:

To what extent to they go to when checking mods? Do they take photos etc of all mods and how they are placed/located and keep them on file?

Will be needing a cert soon need to be legit.

They fill out a set of formsets which confirm the modifications meet requirements, and they take photos of all modifications and the VIN plate. The rest of the vehicle will be checked to WoF requirements too. They will do a road test which includes a brake test. If you\'ve done major suspension mods then a wheel alignment may be required.

All of the information gets sent to the LVVTA office where the details are checked and entered into a database. The aluminium cert plate gets engraved and sent off to the certifier for fitment to the car. NZTA are informed of the changes so their database is updated.

Dan

B-MAGIC As in....is that like chopped inlet manifolds & custom pipe work?

I have a list that has quite a few bit\'s & bob\'s of what i should class as needing re-cert for \'when ;) \' they finally put a stop to the wof\'s,

as i\'m still getting away with the original paper cert from way way back. Could be a different story though if MR Officer needs a looksee under the bonnet....but then i do have a bit of ownership time on my side B)

DanM']

[quote name='evowrx said:

To what extent to they go to when checking mods? Do they take photos etc of all mods and how they are placed/located and keep them on file?

Will be needing a cert soon need to be legit.

/quote]

They fill out a set of formsets which confirm the modifications meet requirements, and they take photos of all modifications and the VIN plate. The rest of the vehicle will be checked to WoF requirements too. They will do a road test which includes a brake test. If you\'ve done major suspension mods then a wheel alignment may be required.

All of the information gets sent to the LVVTA office where the details are checked and entered into a database. The aluminium cert plate gets engraved and sent off to the certifier for fitment to the car. NZTA are informed of the changes so their database is updated.

Dan

So Im guessing my knocky D2 strut wont pass muster?

they are pretty thorough and don\'t normally let dodgy stuff through, after all this is how they make a living. I have to get my external waste gate CertEd so another 500 bucks to pay which is annoying.

ballsrburning said:

they are pretty thorough and don\'t normally let dodgy stuff through, after all this is how they make a living. I have to get my external waste gate CertEd so another 500 bucks to pay which is annoying.

Recert is cheaper afaik $200ish ask b-magic.

evowrx']

[quote name='ballsrburning said:

/quote]

Recert is cheaper afaik $200ish ask b-magic.

Oh ok good to know saves a fair chunk of money.

kwi_fozze said:

why not? unless you are cutting the bumper / steel work, then they can\'t really say no as it\'s not interfering with anything....

Well you do sorta have to cut up a bit of stuff to run piping under lights. Some cert people let it fly some dont.

evowrx']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

why not? unless you are cutting the bumper / steel work, then they can\'t really say no as it\'s not interfering with anything....

/quote]

Well you do sorta have to cut up a bit of stuff to run piping under lights. Some cert people let it fly some dont.

We just rewelded it all and painted it back up, yet to get this certed though. Is funky\'s car certed or track only?

ballsrburning']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

/quote]

We just rewelded it all and painted it back up, yet to get this certed though. Is funky\'s car certed or track only?

Like I said some people will cert it some wont.

It depends what year the car is..over 14 years old seems to make a difference to what mods you are allowed.Also pre 1998 is another date that comes into play with frontal impact regs...

As you say evowrx its open to the individual certifiers interpretation,similar to WOF inspectors ambiguity....