Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What is my car worth?

BadLuck

BH5 Legacy 99 twin turbo. Body is not the best but over all its fine. Certified for adjustable suspension, recently installed D2s which have done maybe 3500k max. Its manual. Done close to 180,000. Reasonably high tread all round. 1/2 leather interior. Has a Jap spec exhaust from rear axle back. Not overly loud.

Reason I ask is I am looking to upgrade to a 3.0 sedan 2003+

4.5k is all it\'s worth if was buying something like that, but then people will tell me I\'m wrong and I know nothing and am insane. It\'s how much you think it\'s worth if u are selling it or much low u will let it go for

I think thats a fair answer. I\'m not expecting it to be worth millions. Its hard to tell by watching trademe as they don\'t seem to sell much. I think I\'d look for about 5k but thats based on what others are wanting for similar cars without the suspension

Turbos are fine. its my 3rd Legacy this shape and mechanically it seems to be in good mic. Makes a few noises but suspension is rock hard compared to bilsteins. Most of the 30,000ks I\'ve done in it have been long distance 400km+ trips

B-MAGIC said:

7500 aim high - let them cut you down/ dont put a low price otherwise they will cut you down from there.

+1

Id put it on for 5,5-6 let someone work you down. Youll be surprised how much more ull get with a good wash and some nice pics

You wont even get looked at if you list it that high.

I personally would $1 reserve it... especially if your looking for a quick sale. Otherwise start at 6k and work down from there.

Myself and another guy on here both recently sold RevD wagons...mine took quite a while to sell until I finally found a buyer who knew what he was talking about.

The other guy had several buyers pull out on him.

I\'m not 100% committed to selling at the moment I was just curious what it may be worth. I know all about dodgy buyers and deals falling through it seems to happen plenty. I will $1 reserve it if I find the car I want to replace it with but for now I\'m just looking into the idea. Mines not even revD it\'s an early model

We are borg']

[quote name='dacerx said:

as i have seen having adjusties and cert makes no difference on price. I would rather have a factory car over modified as i know no ones been b]fucking[/b] with it

no swear filter working? :)

Because adjusties is fucking with it. Slightly different to a boost tap. Its proper lowered not springs and certed for safety.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think if I were to sell I will list it higher so there is room for negotiation. As far as suspension goes I still have factory suspension but really couldn\'t be arsed swapping it over as its just a hassle for me.

I just finished selling my 2000 Legnum VR-4 for $7500 which I would say

is a pretty great deal. I was shocked myself even to get that much, I guess

it depends on the buyers, & because my VR-4 only had done 108000kms which

is hard to find these days. That saying km\'s & the effort you put into your car

is something the right buyers look for. Now that I have the cash im now looking

at getting back into a Subaru ;D Goodluck on trying to sell your Legacy. Chur ;)

People pay big money for a rev d "sometimes" but godknows why when a BP/BL is that sort of cash, or damn near

In all honesty if you got offered 5k take it, adjustables can be a pro or a con when it comes to getting a buyer (will put off a large demographic), and just look at TM - GTB\'s no matter how mint / low km / whatever aren\'t exactly rare to find

Best bet is either get a mean trade in, take a $$ hit to sell it quick, or just be patient - sometimes you can sell them for good money to the right buyer, same as anything.

agreed, you can also put standard back in and it costs $30 to have cert tag removed if ya have no luck selling :)

Suspension mods wouldnt deter me personally id be more worried about substandard engine mods, so i think you will sell easy enough, just advertise right :)