Sign in to follow this  
gazzy2000

catch can setup - dual cans no filters

hey,

looking at doing a catch can setup on my leggy, my research shows that dual catch cans using non filtered type is the go, as shown below in pic:

sJH5S7ol.png

am i on the right the right track here?

i beleive venting a catach can to atmostphere takes away the vacuume in the crank case, of which is there to extract the gases/blow by etc

• Like 1

yes by venting the crank case away from the intake you lose the vacuum you can create in the crankcase.

it will pick up vapour to some degree into the intake still.

Any positive pressure will disipate through the catch can normally. just not under any vacuum

• Like 1

You can get a proper oil separator one too.............But seriously??? Why Bother......."Dump waste down the waste pipe"..........And!............. Maintain some crankcase negative pressure to aid moisture evacuation as well as oily vapours.

Now I am sure I have covered this before..........Numerous times A? Do the search.!

I picked up some last night - used previously but in good nick will post pick to check suitability

Gotta love freebies!