Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Need help on Car Secuirty

funkytown said:

nekk minit your cars on a low loader and being trucked away somewhere to be cut up.

at the end of the day alarms just stop the simplier or more honest criminals.

2c.

This is true :) As my ol man said to me one day "locks and alarms only keep honest people away"

Thats why i decided on the wheel clamp.

Then it fools people into thinking the car is in "trouble" anyway and leave it alone.

Have to say it works well. Takes about 30 sec to fit, plus sticker on the window with removable adhesive.

I always get to park close to a venue. As yet have not been discovered. Have had a few smiles when removing though and have been sworn at when fitting it too a few times :D :D :D

Laugh!! You bet I do! ;D ;D ;D

johnny5 said:

Dude Autowatch 446rli is the top notch alarm along with cobra either one will see you right and make your insurance a bit cheaper I went with the auto watch with the glass break and ultrasonic sensors so if they peel the back window open and put their grubby hands in it will go off.

gear lever locks and steering wheel locks are good and will slow the retards down I use a steering wheels lock and place it in position so any slight movement will sound the horn i also drive into parking spots where there is always a pillar or cars next to me and turn the steering wheel to full lock so if they try to tow me it will make it a little bit harder

and lastly GPS tracking best invention ever if the bastards do get your precious hope they dont find where this is hidden before you can track down where it is.

apart from this get some weight up bulk up and advertise the fact you are one Bad Mofo that no one in their right mind would wanna bother with.. or get a Pitbull ( bit easier )

problem is theirs no cobra alarm dealers in akl. and tryna find one that sells auto watch.

The Cobra website says \'elite audio and security\' is an authorised dealer in Auckland. Cobra alarms are also \'Toyota Approved\' so can be bought from and installed by any authorised Toyota dealership apparently.

Ive just got this in mine http://vehiclesecurity.co.nz/blog/cobra-ak4138 along with an additional 120db siren inside the car. it was installed by Julian from Vehicle Security in Wellington. Its one mint alarm system which will no doubt work 100 times better than my old mongoose. Am also looking at a gps unit juuust in case

So hopefully if they try get into my car again in front of a camera I\'ll get some footage of their ears bleeding to show ya.. :D

palmyrex said:

Ive just got this in mine http://vehiclesecurity.co.nz/blog/cobra-ak4138 along with an additional 120db siren inside the car. it was installed by Julian from Vehicle Security in Wellington. Its one mint alarm system which will no doubt work 100 times better than my old mongoose. Am also looking at a gps unit juuust in case

So hopefully if they try get into my car again in front of a camera I\'ll get some footage of their ears bleeding to show ya.. :D

Have heard that an in car siren is probably the best location. ;) Damn hard to concentrate when its screaming.

Best to make sure its located where you cant get at it to easily too.

If the siren can be got at in less than a minute it will be silenced with a hammer usually.

Have heard that these thieving bastards also drown them with water to. :o

An Electric fence unit (12Volt) also works well in lieu of the siren or even inline with. LOL.

Just dont touch the car when alarm is set!!...YAAAA! >:( >:(

yup siren is hidden on exterior of mine too and I\'d wish them all the luck in the world trying to find it with their slimey hands. But absolutely impossible to stay in the car with the siren going nuts haha its a great set up.

MoJoe-95Legacy said:

Ima put a siren inside the carr aswell. never thought of doing that aye. sounds perfect. if you put to many sirens on to one unit? wood it decrease the sound coming out the otherS?

only if wired in series instead of parallel ;) .good idea to use a relay circuit to prevent overload of alarm circuit board cmos relay too. ;) ;)

titian']

[quote name='MoJoe-95Legacy said:

Ima put a siren inside the carr aswell. never thought of doing that aye. sounds perfect. if you put to many sirens on to one unit? wood it decrease the sound coming out the otherS?

/quote]

only if wired in series instead of parallel ;) .good idea to use a relay circuit to prevent overload of alarm circuit board cmos relay too. ;) ;)

how do you wire it in parallel>?

MoJoe-95Legacy']

[quote name='titian said:

/quote]

how do you wire it in parallel>?

circuit.gif

• Admin

I used to do a bit of part-time smoke reinstallation on electrical equipment. The problem is that once you breach the factory smoke seal it\'s extremely hard to get it to seal correctly ever again. Some do but others only last a week or so before all the smoke escapes again.

The real problem with car electrics is that sometimes when they release all their smoke the nearby parts of the car are affected by a phenomenon known as "Field Interference Reduction Effect", sometimes called "FIRE" for short and this can seriously effect the overall condition of the vehicle.

MoJoe-95Legacy said:

i know ohms law an that. never herd that smoke thing though. thats new to me.

Might wanna step back from the electricity there fella :-[

Yes your diagram is fine, that\'s parallel - series means one after the other

Marky']

b]i know ohms law an that. never herd that smoke thing though. thats new to me. [/b]

ive bean werking with electrical stuff for a few years. iknow what im doing. if i fuck up. then i learn not to do that mistake again ;D

MoJoe-95Legacy']

b]i know ohms law an that. never herd that smoke thing though. thats new to me. [/b]

/quote]

ive bean werking with electrical stuff for a few years. iknow what im doing. if i bother up. then i learn not to do that mistake again ;D

Factory smoke may occur here. lol.

Now to do the relay circuit so that the cmos relay in alarm circuit board is not overloaded. don\'t forget to put a fuse in the load circuit! ( Remember that I increases as more R is applied) (helps keep the smoke in!)

The trigger circuit should be ok as it will only be loaded by the relay coil.( I is low as R is low too, V is constant)

Im sure you will understand this as you have been doing electrics for a few years now.

The siren (or sirens in this case) on the Cobra AK4138 are digital ones and connect to the Cobra bus network. Whilst I\'m not going to go into details it does require the correct type of siren and programming so you can forget about parallel or series wiring.

Trust me when I say that two are enough :-)

• 2 weeks later...

ive always found that putting a microwave sensor on the alarm that triggers the alarm to go off after giving a few warnings to move away from the car is always a good thing as it will set the alarm off without even letting the theif even touch the car. and i dont care if it gives people a fright when they walk past it in the carpark at pak n save lol. also i always take the dash out of the car and install the alarm with kills to the ecu so that the only way to get to the alarm is to take the dash back out, not so easy to do when the alarm is going off. installing the kill on the ignition is a lazy practice that all alarm installers do and only takes 30 seconds and pliers to get around. also i always park my car in a spot that it cant be pulled up onto a flat deck truck when its parked at home. just a few tricks ive done so hope that helps u out a bit.

• 1 month later...
 mrjaybro said:

ive always found that putting a microwave sensor on the alarm that triggers the alarm to go off after giving a few warnings to move away from the car is always a good thing as it will set the alarm off without even letting the theif even touch the car. and i dont care if it gives people a fright when they walk past it in the carpark at pak n save lol. also i always take the dash out of the car and install the alarm with kills to the ecu so that the only way to get to the alarm is to take the dash back out, not so easy to do when the alarm is going off. installing the kill on the ignition is a lazy practice that all alarm installers do and only takes 30 seconds and pliers to get around. also i always park my car in a spot that it cant be pulled up onto a flat deck truck when its parked at home. just a few tricks ive done so hope that helps u out a bit.

Yes A well installed or should i say correctly installed alarm will prevent the drive away theft. Next barrier is the "tow away" theft. As my Ol man said one day "Locks only keep honest people away"

If The B***stards Want it They WILL take it. >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

For Me Sleepa car is also a deterrent. ;)