Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Anyone got trackday engine/mechanical problems fixed under warranty?

tru tru

hmm well stop making such sporty aspiration claims if they cant really stant to the trashing

OR

simply build them with more locks in place - i mean lower speed limits in place\

g sensor to cut power when accelerating hard and connering hard

extra limp mode when get slightly hot

basically box in the performance so that at the hint of over-use the ecu cuts al the fun

easy!

then the buys will only buy cars that they can thrash

so other can either man up and offer warrenty or just shut shop and only sell kei cars,,

lol cant believe im saying all this

David Thexton had his engine in the rally car rebuilt for this seasons racing (Rally NZ) it over heated in dunedin after 3 km.

Dwight Scott from Scottspeed Engines stripped it down and rebuilt it as he had supplied it.

NO PROBLEMO

We did have to remove and reinstall it though. But Hey Thats a warranty claim with no issues.

He is a member on this site too! ;) ;) ;)

SCOTTSPEED ENGINES Good Guy ;) ;) ;) ;)

the stress\'ss put on a vehicles engine , driveline and tyres on track is inifintly more than on any road

You dont melt tyre rubber on the road ( unless your doing burnouts) - yet 5 laps on most tracks will melt tyre rubber

Oil temps go through the roof on track

G forces are higher for longer periods = oil and fuel surge issues

If you want a racecar - buy one for the job

A std subaru isnt up to the job :( (if you want it to last)

Eight dollar said:

the stress\'ss put on a vehicles engine , driveline and tyres on track is inifintly more than on any road

You dont melt tyre rubber on the road ( unless your doing burnouts) - yet 5 laps on most tracks will melt tyre rubber

Oil temps go through the roof on track

G forces are higher for longer periods = oil and fuel surge issues

If you want a racecar - buy one for the job

A std subaru isnt up to the job :( (if you want it to last)

agreed

so y are sti\'s sold pretending to be that weekend racecar

for that matter a gtr

the whole doe 7min 20sec on the nurbring (however its spelt)

bit like buying coke under assumption it will cure lung cancer

If you buy a new motorcross bike from honda and it blows up on at its first race meeting there is no warranty..

This is a product designed and build to be thrashed to the max..

Its just the way it is.....

Not quite correct, dealers will cover anything that is a defect from factory under warrenty. I know this makes for another bit of a grey area. It\'s like most things theres a lot of "good will" for example if you brought a new Navara and took it off road and something broke they would probably cover it under "good will" to keep the brands reputation within reason.

Same situation on taking a new WRX to a track day, but the problem is where do you draw the line. If you were doing a lot of quater miles and dumping the clutch would you expect the gearbox and clutch to be covered, same with a motox bike some 450 guys start in third on limiter, so you could imagion how long a clutch or even a gearbox will last.

SP00N said:

so y are sti\'s sold pretending to be that weekend racecar

for that matter a gtr

the whole doe 7min 20sec on the nurbring (however its spelt)

Look more closely and you\'ll find those record breaking \'Ring cars are not stock.

They undergo serious prep before hitting the track.

;)

The are sold as road cars.

22B? RA-R? road car...

Even Ferraris, Lambos are sold as road cars.

side note: in my current vehicle insurance, it does state "not to be used for motorsport, comps, or any driving that requires a helmet/harness type seatbelt or rollcage/rollbar to be used".

evowrx said:

Hardly an active member lol and damn hes busy so good luck even talking to him on the phone. :D

LOl on this ref to SCOTTSPEED....Im seeing him Tomorrow 15/06 :) And I Talk to him at least weekly.

David has spent a few $k with him though and I make sure his valuable time is not wasted ;D

D-Style said:

22B? RA-R? road car...

top end cars you refer to are supercars - I occasionally work on the following cars Lambo Gallardo, Ferrari super America , 996 GT2 , 997 GT3RS , 997 Turbo - They are all factory dry sumped. These cars are true race bred - have millions more spent on design and have decent sized engines (not like the lil 2.0 or 2.5 in our Sub\'s) - They can handle pretty much any muppet behind the wheel.

They are effectively the opposite of what this thread refers to in regards to road cars being raced, as they are race cars being driven on the road

Eight dollar']

[quote name='D-Style said:

22B? RA-R? road car...

/quote]

top end cars you refer to are supercars - I occasionally work on the following cars Lambo Gallardo, Ferrari super America , 996 GT2 , 997 GT3RS , 997 Turbo - They are all factory dry sumped. These cars are true race bred - have millions more spent on design and have decent sized engines (not like the lil 2.0 or 2.5 in our Sub\'s) - They can handle pretty much any muppet behind the wheel.

They are effectively the opposite of what this thread refers to in regards to road cars being raced, as they are race cars being driven on the road

But they still arnt track cars... You look over a Ferrari 458 GT car or even a R35 GT-R GT3 car. Very standard cars, but Still have alot of things done to handle racing.

(and I\'ve driven a few supercars on tracks)

While they are more developed than a STi, They still are Road cars.

titian']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Hardly an active member lol and damn hes busy so good luck even talking to him on the phone. :D

/quote]

LOl on this ref to SCOTTSPEED....Im seeing him Tomorrow 15/06 :) And I Talk to him at least weekly.

David has spent a few $k with him though and I make sure his valuable time is not wasted ;D

Yep if youre in his inner circle hes reachable if not GL. Smart man but its not like he needs to look for business.

Eight dollar said:

top end cars you refer to are supercars - I occasionally work on the following cars Lambo Gallardo, Ferrari super America , 996 GT2 , 997 GT3RS , 997 Turbo - They are all factory dry sumped. These cars are true race bred - have millions more spent on design and have decent sized engines (not like the lil 2.0 or 2.5 in our Sub\'s) - They can handle pretty much EAT ALIVE any muppet behind the wheel.

Corrected for truth.

;D