Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ver7 tmic into a ver5

QRAF

QRAF said:

have to talk about it tonight bro if your still keen?

i thought that they had a pipe that run along the front?

The race car Ichi Ban looks after has one (might be V8)... and from what he describes it is more involved. The i/c fouled at the back on either the strut brace and or the fire wall. he had to push the block forward about 50mm or something as well as the gearbox...

just relaying second hand what he said. Ask him for truth

yeah i heard it rubs against the strut brace but apparently some washers should give it more space?

yeah and i knew about the clutch reservoir.

but bugger that if you have to move the block or gearbox.

i did a clubsub search but couldn't find anything i guess i should of done a google search

i just remember nztintin was going to put one on his forester but never did i was just wondering what the issue were.

QRAF said:

i did a clubsub search but couldn't find anything i guess i should of done a google search

i just remember nztintin was going to put one on his forester but never did i was just wondering what the issue were.

its on the nasoic site where there is the good write up

from the writeup it seems to be a series of steps that u need to follow

maybe read it up first and then decide if its ok for u to do or not....

Tintin did get it one in his Foz, just it fouled on a few things and required modification (bov and some other pluming from what I remember) He also modded an sti strut brace but im not sure if that was just to fit the fozzy or because of the i/c

yeah didn't think they would be a different size i was thinking about putting a legacy one on as they have that trumpet that would direct the airflow better.

but there turbos are different so not 100% sure

found a ver7 tmic for $200 in mint condition any difference between wrx and sti?

i also found a full stainless exhaust for $400-500 owe the dilemma ::)

• 2 weeks later...

I used a v7 non sti intercooler on my V5 sti and it fitted with minimal effort and was bigger then my std V5 sti cooler. I just welded a alloy 90deg bov elbow off a v4 cooler onto it for more bov choice and clerence.

• 3 weeks later...

bringing it back i put my deposit down on a after market TMIC i'll post up some pic when i get home.

its already on a ver6 so i know it fits and i'm getting all the brackets and joiners with the deal i still know i have to remote the master cylinder but i'm going to see if i can get his one as well and just swap mine.

i think i got the same TMIC as those bolt on the front look in the same place.

When i went in to buy it the guy said i was getting a good deal he would of sold it to me for $650 so i'm glad i didn't go to him and picked it up for $300 with all the brackets and the silicon hose connection for the throttle body.

QRAF said:

i think i got the same TMIC as those bolt on the front look in the same place.

When i went in to buy it the guy said i was getting a good deal he would of sold it to me for $650 so i'm glad i didn't go to him and picked it up for $300 with all the brackets and the silicon hose connection for the throttle body.

$650 is way too step, you could have a custom one made for less than that lol, but good deal on the $300.