Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

tips and tricks when fitting a new clutch please

scoobygt

will be pulling my engine as I know how to do this and in my mind will be alot quicker as iv\'e done it before, any suggestions would be good as iv\'e never fitted a clutch before and have no idea how to adjust it once its running again, located in Auckland thanks.

theres nothing to adjust ? unless its a cable(old non turbo ) car

you have to undo the cover and pull the clutch fork pivot out before the engine will come out

get a ziptie or something around the slave cylinder to shold it way bakc in

there will be a lot of "how to,s" on the net

evowrx said:

Revving to 7k rpm and side step. Need to do it at least 5 times on your driveway with the camera rolling.

Baptism by fire worked for me and never once gave an issue. Not current car though. YMMV

will do man! your such a knowledgeable guy thanks!

JoKer said:

haha careful you know that was a joke aye.....

I never cleaned mine oops : mind you was first ever install into a Subaru

Think there was a twist of sarcasm sprinkled on top.

It applies to any clutch not just subaru. Same with rotors just to stop rust setting in in transit/sitting on shelf I think.

Just drive like a normal person for a while (meaning not full throttle into the noisy bits), trust me nothing will fck you off more than if you do bed it wrong and its slipping again in 6mths for the sake of one quick fang

Disclaimer - it would most likely be just fine BUT if you asks the question you gets the answer

so ahh noticed abit of shudder when starting off and also some bad vibration over 4000 kinda sounds like the breaks are sized on abit, I can also smell the clutch too! what could the mechanics of done wrong to make it do this?? :-\

scoobygt said:

Had BNT machine the fly wheel so could there be any balancing issues or maybe its warped???

Anyone that machines a flywheel will balance it at the same time... and I\'m sure they\'d mention if it was warped.