Shipping JP to NZ

NEWZEALAND AUCKLAND/CAR US$1250/M3

NEWZEALAND DUNEDIN/CAR US$1250/M3

NEWZEALAND LYTTLETON/CAR US$1250/M3

NEWZEALAND NELSON US$1250/M3

NEWZEALAND PORT CHALMAS/CAR US$1250/M3

NEWZEALAND TIMARU/CAR US$1250/M3

NEWZEALAND WELLINGTON/CAR US$1250/M3

You also get stung by Import Duty when it arrives and then compliancing costs.

Could possibly import some older "Special Interest" vehicles but it sounds like a bit of a lottery on whether it goes through or not. Think there's also been a recent change so that vehicles over 20 years old can be imported without needing to meet the frontal impact standards and possibly the emmissions tests. i.e. 1988 or older.

Koom said:

You also get stung by Import Duty when it arrives and then compliancing costs.

Could possibly import some older "Special Interest" vehicles but it sounds like a bit of a lottery on whether it goes through or not. Think there's also been a recent change so that vehicles over 20 years old can be imported without needing to meet the frontal impact standards and possibly the emmissions tests. i.e. 1988 or older.

I read on NZH that of the total number of special imports they were allowed to bring in the country, which i think was 100, only 20 actually applied for it, all were granted. People with motorsport licences shouldn't find it a problem was the general gist of the reasons.

Will search when i get some actual time for the info.

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/factsheets/44b.html

It is actually fairly easy to qualify for Special Interest Vehicle - it must meet three of these criteria;

* the vehicle (or its make, model and submodel) is identified as being a collector's item in one of the following magazines or their respective websites – Australian classic car, Car and driver (US), Automobile (US), Motor (Australia), Motor trend (US), New Zealand autocar, New Zealand classic car, Road and track (US), Top gear (UK), Top gear NZ, Unique cars (Australia) or Wheels (Australia)

* the vehicle's make and model has been (or was) manufactured in annual volumes of 20,000 units or less

* the vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a two-door coupe or a convertible

* the vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a high-performance vehicle.

As for limits - 200 in any one year, which is a lot considering you can't apply for a permit if you have already had one issued in the last two years. I don't know whether you can rego these vehicles, or if it just lets you import them (for racing or whatever). You could make the case from these criteria for just about all of the cars on that site.

You cant bring in anything less than 99... i think most Evo 5's now you cant bring in.

Cant quite remember. I think the rule of thumb was if it had two airbags you were ok.

MOst of those late model GTrs would be sweet. Import a lazy 600hp godzilla. No sweat. :)

I think i found my next car though. Be a Evo 8 from Japan.

As long as its certifable on landing it can be reged. If it cant be you can get it trucked and sorted and retested.

Guest STiEVO

ideal cars just bought a R 32 GTR 1989 with 86 km unmolested. will be arriving next month. any thing over 20 years is deemed a classic is it not?

Swindog said:

Yes. And compliance and reg and wof etc. Not cheap. I think Rose City in Palmy was selling one a couple years back for $65k

one on trademe now for 48,995 and thats nz new so i'd rather buy that one

or tho it has no mods

webup said:

If you're buying a 22B you want it factory mint and it will go up in value not down.

To the guy who suggested a Honda civic,even a mugen one, no thanks.

Yes tidy and factory is best and helps to hold resale price.

The 22B will still devalue in price over the next few years. how much im not sure?

The guy on TM has been trying to sell that 22B for atleast 6 months I think and still no bites.

Im a starter for a 22B when im rich lol ::):P. Would have to have tight as securtity.

I would be paranoid for any one eyeing it up to steal it.

Swindog said:

Haha me neither. I see the lotteries commission almost recoverd the 35mil anyway with ticket sales totalling 24mil.

Bloody unreal. I funded someone else to get rich!

They would have recovered their costs a long time ago through sales building up to this latest jackpot.

Lotto= stupidity tax.

:P