Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Who knew??? (Headlight refurbishment ideas)

B4 I was 250T

So today I was standing there looking at the RSK thinking \'wow, you sexy beast you\' when I realised the left headlight was looking, well, yuck. So, lacking funds to go and buy headlight restoration stuff I went inside and grabbed this bottle with white stuff (the wife tells me it\'s called AJAX and say\'s that\'s what you scrub basins and baths and stuff with) and started working on the lens. Needless to say it came up beautiful and clear and sparkly so yay me! Then as I was admiring my awesomeness I wondered if same said white stuff would get off that nasty little mark on the bumper. Anyways, long story short I\'ve AJAXed half my car... I know, mental guy much! But, you know what, I think said AJAX may well be the best tar remover ( the B4 is white) and light scratch remover I have ever used. Not to mention cheaper than anything else too. And as a finally it bought my very, very filthy factory wheels up nicely. If anyone reads this and is interested I\'ll put up photos but otherwise hope you enjoyed the read and someone else gives it a go and lovess the results as much as i am :)

DISCLAIMER!!!!! I DO know what AJAX creme cleanser is because the wife makes me clean the bath etc lol :D

• 2 weeks later...
 kwi_fozze said:

yeah, makes sense, gentle abrasive to take all the oxidisation and s**t off, but it takes any wax coating off too.

found repco has "autosol", small rectangle box, normally fairly well hidden, about $10 for a tube, best thing i\'ve found for clearing headlights...

Better than 2000 grit sand paper and cutting compound?

I think I prefer using the jif/ajax. It\'s not as harsh as cutting compound and I bought 2 bottles for $5 so was pretty happy. Pretty sure you could use a buffer too. I did it by hand ( don\'t own a buffer fml) and took 2 days but she looks better than when I bought her so that\'s all I care about. Plus I\'m a finicky bastard lol :D Never used 2000 grit...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Jif is the go aye! my old man user to use it on old cars he brought with paint rubs and scratchs on them, i know it sounds hori but it does work good as it is like a cutting compound just waaaaaay cheaper!

+1 on the coat of wax, Ive found Subaru paint is pretty tough but you alway want to make sure its protected

• 2 months later...