Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Twisted Turbo question

tydon

so im looking at doing my 1st twisted turbo setup not yet bought one but for my single turbo conversion since im going to flip the manifold again i may aswell twist the turbo.

Sooo i was wondering with vf/td turbos do i need to modify any oil/water lines?\'

or can i use factory oil feed/drain

and water in and out lines?

is there anything else il need to modify once finding a twisted turbo setup?

Twisting the turbo is pretty fruitless unless youre going to something that wont fit otherwise and going to standalone ecu.

Better off just getting an up pipe stock size without the restrictive flexi and running a silicon intake.

But if you do it just go to a braided feed line with the correct banjos for the turb and modify an oil return. The coolant lines are no different just get 1m of hose and make it work. Ball bearing takes a tiny banjo and TD05 takes a 2mm or so one. TD04 are too small. Get one that sits flat coz theyre a c*nt to mod later.

Biggest gain is from running a stock sized up pipe without the flexi dude. If you twist with an afm it wont run right heaps of people been down that road speaker included. Well i got it working but cunty and not worth it unless going map based and big turbo imo.

Doesnt look so bawse putting a VF on a pedestal in your engine bay...

Don\'t buy one of those shotty oversized up pipes - (up pipe from sta won\'t fit if u want to run under intake manifold intake pipe) - the oversized ones are top big and cause less response and the misalignment of flanges make me sad when I look at them

Pretty sure I gained 10kw from memory when I ditched the over sized one and went back to factory

Factory manifold / up pipe is fine (and sounds the best) - I would rather spend money on decent exhaust / downpipe / intake / if going front mount twist compressor housing and cut piping works a treat - if staying internal gate go to something like profec b greddy controller they\'re awesome at stopping boost tapering off like internals tend to do

10kw odd to be gained going to a stock sized pipe without flexi as opposed to stock and stock flexi leak eventually. Dwight posted a sheet ages ago its not hard to find hes only got 3 pages of posts on here.

FWIW my arse tells me 250T headers smoke stock cast headers if they hold together.

evowrx said:

10kw odd to be gained going to a stock sized pipe without flexi as opposed to stock and stock flexi leak eventually. Dwight posted a sheet ages ago its not hard to find hes only got 3 pages of posts on here.

FWIW my arse tells me 250T headers smoke stock cast headers if they hold together.

yea i like the 250t headers sound awesome to

i always thought the vf22 was the largest followed by the vf30 for single scroll turbos?

Also i had always thought a twinscroll conversion would be costly?

would have to change sump?

would a single scroll turbo bolt upto a twinscroll upipe?

jimme18 said:

just to cut in, the vf24 is the biggest (please correct me if wrong) so that can fit in any model gc8 without going twisted turbo?

VF22 has the most flow out of the single scroll jobs but its a pissy turbo. Can get bigger aftermarket stuff in stock location.

The t/s and s/s housings interchange on the chra but are very different flange patterns.

jimme18 said:

vf22 that\'s what I meant? What about with getting aftermarket turbos like the this?http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1726

on another note are the Kinugawu turbos any good? or just ebay rubbish?

I would rather get a TD05 rebuilt with genuine internals and machined to take a genuine mhi wheel for half the money.

CHRA - Core assembly

evowrx']

[quote name='jimme18 said:

vf22 that\'s what I meant? What about with getting aftermarket turbos like the this?url]http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1726[/url]

on another note are the Kinugawu turbos any good? or just ebay rubbish?

I would rather get a TD05 rebuilt with genuine internals and machined to take a genuine mhi wheel for half the money.

CHRA - Core assembly

sorry still dont get what ya mean by core assembly lol?

kwi_fozze']

[quote name='jimme18 said:

so a rebuild over getting a new turbo, what about brand spanking new v22? I think they $1800

/quote]

several aftermarket options with better flow characteristics and much newer technology for around the same price.....

+5 billion. Could get a VF22 rebuilt with ceramics and a bigger billet comp for half that.