Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

(Whiteline) Anti Lift Kit requiring certification?

nickch

Hi all,

So I recently installed a Whiteline anti lift kit. Part of the kit comes with spacers to bring the front U-shaped subframe down a bit to clear the new mounts.

The WOF place I went to just failed me on that saying that it is a cert requirement.

Just wanting to confirm/enquire if anyone has had issues before.

Ks8845V.jpg

Does spacing the u shaped thingy actually effect geometry? I thought it was just a brace thing.

As per pm I passed a cert with 10mm spacers on my LCA bushes. I raised it but he said it wouldnt matter and didnt note it. They are black and wouldnt know they were there unless you were looking for them tho.

funkytown said:

its not the subframe

I know its not the subframe.. even though the work shop manual refers to it as such.

I mentioned it doesn\'t really affect the structure of the car too much. It\'s there to keep some countries with strict crash ratings happy.

The 2 guys I talked to today seem to think its structural.. =\

evowrx said:

Will he pass you if you take the frame off?

How does it handle now Im picking youve taken it for a spin?

have got some work to do, so I haven\'t really taken off the frame yet.

Been reading on NASIOC,and some say it does make a difference..

Can\'t say for sure yet.

I might go to a different place, as the one i went to first reckons its structural, and will probably fail me for taking it off =\

kwi_fozze said:

Not structural, but it does make the front end of the car really floaty. V7 sti has one, at least the wagons do.

But a WOF inspector will note that something is missing in spot given the bolts.

Removing is not an option. :(

Any recommendations for WOF places on the Shore?

nickch']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

Not structural, but it does make the front end of the car really floaty. V7 sti has one, at least the wagons do.

/quote]

But a WOF inspector will note that something is missing in spot given the bolts.

Removing is not an option. :(

Any recommendations for WOF places on the Shore?

remove

remove bolts ( Leaves holes)

find paddock

do helis

take for wof check :)

• 2 weeks later...

that front u bar isn\'t structural, but it does stiffen up the front end. remove in favor of a k brace type thing, or notch the frame, or find a wof inspector who will pass it. i had to get a wof while i was sourcing my alloy arm bits, they had no problem with it. as stated, ymmv.

kwi_fozze said:

that front u bar isn\'t structural, but it does stiffen up the front end. remove in favor of a k brace type thing, or notch the frame, or find a wof inspector who will pass it. i had to get a wof while i was sourcing my alloy arm bits, they had no problem with it. as stated, ymmv.

Yeah, found a WOF place that had raised some questions, but we\'re happy enough the the quality of the kit to issue me a WOF

Had a few recommendations around washers and bolt strength and recommended me to get it certified still.