Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What to look out for on AUdi

kwi_fozze said:

look for if it\'s an audi or not. if it is, walk away.

LOL

I would say this :)

but actually see if it is a NZ new or a jap import, the one my partner had was an import and some parts were just wrong enough to be a pain in the arse to get from wreckers and was bloody expensive through AUDI

I have owned a 1997 A4 Quattro for the last 7 months and it has pissed through two vtnz checks no advisory\'s nothing noted (210000km on her) . Has not let me down once, works perfectly every time no issues, infinitely better interior quality than any Subaru I have been in, done 8000km since I owned it.

Just had the cambelt changed due to the mileage and to be safe, despite the fact it looked in good condition, cost me 400 bucks but a mate did it for me. However, It would have been around the same as my Subaru if i went to the same garage and paid full rate.

newsuba said:

What year/model/budget are you looking at ?

Some are better than others.

:D

Prefer 2008 onwards.

Had the good fortune to ahve taken a few RS4/6 for a spin or two and I kind of like them. Grew up with VW & BMW.

In South Africa VW Kombi Caravelle was fitted with Audi engine and gearbox. Good pieces of kit.

My mates wife has a 2005 S4 wagon, was mint for about a couple of years but has had constant issues with it the last 9 months or so, parts are expensive, they cant wait to get rid of it.

And another mate has a 2001 S4 wagon, V6 twin turbo. Bought it off an old guy and has a full service history with Continentals cars, he\'s had for about a year or so and has had to replace a whole lot of sensors cause it was running like crap, has started playing up again and now turbos are leaking oil every where.

subieboy']

[quote name='newsuba said:

What year/model/budget are you looking at ?

Some are better than others.

:D

/quote]Prefer 2008 onwards.

Had the good fortune to ahve taken a few RS4/6 for a spin or two and I kind of like them. Grew up with VW & BMW.

In South Africa VW Kombi Caravelle was fitted with Audi engine and gearbox. Good pieces of kit.

2008 on, you\'re looking at the latest shape, aka B8

Budget $40K+, stick to NZ new, under 100km

$120k-ish if you want an RS4 - and there are good reasons not to - the B8 S4 is a nicer car.

Go for the 2.0 turbo, 2.0 turbo diesel, 3.0 turbo and bi-turbo diesels, with quattro (A4\'s with longitudinal engines get real quattro full-time awd, unlike the tranverse engine cars that get the half-assed Haldex system).

Stick with the S-tronic twin clutch or Tiptronic automatic gear boxes.

Avoid the awful Multitronic CVT.

In general I\'m not a big fan of fast Audis - they are fast but one-dimensional and not as involving as an equivalent BMW or Mercedes.

If you must have an RS4, the previous B7 remains the best RS car ever, even the older 2001 B5 RS4 is more exciting than the B8 RS4.

If an RS4 is out of budget, the rare 2006 B7 a4 DTM is a worthy runner-up.

Not as fast in a straightline as an RS4 but just as good through the corners as they don\'t have a huge engine hanging over the front axle.

A bargain compared to the bigger engined cars;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/audi/auction-720569878.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/audi/auction-722726313.htm