Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Personalized plates

Zach

They want to charge me $940 for my personalized plates "The GC8" or "I WRX U" What are they doing that they need to charge that much? If they can do it so can I right? Can I cut out the middleman and get it sorted out myself?

What Marky said. They are the ONLY people in NZ who hold the licence to sell personalized plates.

My ex GF brought me mine for $500 off trademe a few years ago. Was from a guy who's name was REX. He was selling the plate for what he paid for them brand new. He never had the plates manufactured/registered to a car.

The plates got transferred to my name and i paid $30 to get the actual plates made and sent to me (you have to send current plates back to them)

But yes if you want to get your plate idea which hasn't been taken you will have to pay the amount quoted.

I paid like $350 for my first set (ANARKY)about 20 years ago and my Second set cost me $700 about 10 years ago (DRFVDR) and looking at a couple more at the going price.

If you want "cheaper" ones have a look on trademe and the Personalised Plates website as they both sell "used" plates

Hey some guys will pay a couple hundred bucks for a branded oil cap and some plastic mudflaps

P-Plate at least its something memorable, or at least for you and not the car

Unless you get some typical equivalent of wrx 8u / SIKGTX or whatever haha

• General Member

Trademe wheeling and dealing is the way to go. Or even on the dodgy Facebook sites you can nab a good deal and if you have a brain you can complete the ownership paperwork and claim the plate so no one can aruge. I have done this a few times and net result is my current plate cost me nothing by the time I brought and sold a few.

Johnnynz said:
Trademe wheeling and dealing is the way to go. Or even on the dodgy Facebook sites you can nab a good deal and if you have a brain you can complete the ownership paperwork and claim the plate so no one can aruge. I have done this a few times and net result is my current plate cost me nothing by the time I brought and sold a few.

wow lol man your one of those crafty kinda people. Nar I dont know how to do all that sort of stuff. but looking on trademe after someone mentioned it I found a few goodies for under $400 so Guess Ill keep looking. I've lost my licence so I got some plenty of time and personalized plates will be one of the last things I get now cuz I had no idea they would cost more than like hundred buks

Zach said:
shut up boon lol

for the record the only driving offences I have are driving after hours on a restricted licence, ding 119 in a 100k zone and giving a buddy a lift home after work cuz im a nice guy

So just illegal **** then dw thats ok. We all think that stuffs great round here.

I don't understand how so many people get enough demerits to lose their licence? Like after the first ticket; dont you think; wait schist i better stop being a twat for two years. Or get a full? Though i've no experience, having never had a ticket.

My 2c

Also; the Pplate 'Herpes' was like $978

Why do i want that plate you ask? Cos its basically an STi