Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Waste of money?

STI7

Ohk so im feeling abit dumb at the moment, but im in way too deep to back out. I am fairly new to subaru and went and bought a stock v7 sti. After a while I decided it wasnt fast enough/lost its puff, and being a fabricator thought that it would be sweet makeing all of the exhaust system aswell. however now that im nearing a tuning date. Im beginning to wonder 'was it all worth it?'. With a power figure of 250kw atw in mind, have I just gone and wasted money on stuff that was not necessary?

My power mods are as follows:

Master power 545r

Tial 38mm

Tial bov

HKS 660cc injectors

Custom sch10 exhaust manifold

Custom 2.5" uppipe

Custom 3" exhaust

Tomei Type S fpr

Deatchwerks pump

GFB gforce 2 ebc

Fmic

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head. Some advie and/or criticism would be appreciated!

o3yw5y4i.wbg.jpg

I wouldnt have bothered twisting turbo for that power level. Never seen a good masterpower/ej result yet but must be some out there. A stock location td06 20g wouldve got you to 250wkw. Doesnt look half as cool tho. :P 2 inch is on the large side for the up pipe.

• General Member

am I the only newb here (I know nothign about motors tbh) that thinks that intake right-angle could eb a tad restrictive/looks dumb?

/not dumb if its impossible / more $$ that worth to fix, just my observations + I'm well jelly, do want

So a quick search on google about your turbo specs reveals that it falls into GT3576 range, you should make 250kw at the wheel easily.

2 inch up pipe is not on the large side, the stock v7 ones are close to 2 inch, i've got a 2.4inch up pipe on my 30r. The larger you go = loss of pressure/disrupts flow except it wouldn't matter in your case because you've got a big turbo.

Why not shoot for 300kw? lol The stock internals can handle it.

I stand by what I said on the up pipe sizing its proven by many who actually have cars pumping serious hp unlike most in NZ. I don't see the sense in running a 350wkw turbo when you only want 250wkw thats the only thing Im thinking here. Just means the curve suffers and something 3071 size would be a faster car unless you want to push out past redline and do the headwork associated with it.

All will be revealed when you get it tuned then you can tweak what you have. I say push for 300wkw tho turbo will work better at 20psi than 15psi. Issues with injectors was my other thought as addressed above.

• Admin

The whole uppipe debate is a bit of an oddity... I run a 2.5" one because my headers merge into a 2.5 inch pipe at the up-pipe flange so why immediately choke it down to 2 inch? The whole thing has been done to death on 22b and other sites but really I suspect it makes three fifths of **** all difference.

Cheers for your imputs guys. Ohk I didnt know if the stock internals could handle 300kw? And joker yes I plan to fix that intake haha just thought Id take a progress shot. Yeah wish I just stuck to stock location. It was a biiiiatch trying to fit that turbo haha

oq2huctw.2hq.jpg

Small to a point would help with pressure differential wouldnt it? As long as it tapered nicely not sharply I can only see decreasing volume in the headers to be a good thing. Similar to running extra length on your headers for no specific purpose.

I hope the flexis shielded on the inside at minimum Ive seen a few come apart and it can send small chunks of turbine out the exhaust. Headers you own custom with sinco flanges?

Yeah just got sinco flanges. Tbh I just wanted to make something that looked cool haha. Well might try shoot for something closer to 300kw without getting my hopes up. Oh true about the flexis!? Ohk well I hope mine will be alright haha. Any recommended tuners?