Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Ideal exhaust system.

Zach

Looking at getting a bolt on full 2" straight pipe from td05 turbo made up, V4 heads 18 psi. Would this be ideal? And would it be good for 22psi aswell? Stock headers stock uppipe. Somthing that would sound a hit different

Edited by Zach

Little bends as possible. I noticed some rally gc8's were running small pipes so got me wondering.im not so keen on the 3" droney sound so if i could run a 2" that would be sweet. I dont know anything about turbo exhaust but a guy at work rekons the turbo creates a vaccume on the cyclinders so prehaps theres no advantage to going smaller. Any tips/tricks to creating a really effective exhaust system for my setup?

Lol wouldent go that far. A quick google search revealed header tuning can help scavenge exhaust outa the cyclinders. Somthing about sound waves even lol. Well my current exhaust is 3" downpipe to 2.4" exhaust and it sound pretty nice with an effective muffler. But listening to those 90's rally cars man that sound is king

Zach said:
http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/exhaustbackpressure.html

Number 2 is a interesting read on it.

I really dont know much about all the technical side of these things but this does seem to be referring to an NA application not turbo?

Im about to go full turbo back 3in and also dislike neutral throttle/cruise drone so this could be interesting. That being said I dont believe loudness and drone is directly related to the size or exhaust you go for. It comes down to the design of the system really… there are also plenty of ideas and facts on how to cut out certain frequencies to help eliminate low rpm drones.

Unsure if it works but this is an interesting idea: http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaust/22791-fancy-tech-how-get-rid-exhaust-drone-works-great.html

Also equal and unequal length headers plays a part as drone is from the way frequencies bounce about so im keen to play around with different headers to get the sound and hopefully lack of drone i want at the end of the day but thats a whole other can of worms

Edited by A_J_T

Zach said:
Lol wouldent go that far. A quick google search revealed header tuning can help scavenge exhaust outa the cyclinders. Somthing about sound waves even lol. Well my current exhaust is 3" downpipe to 2.4" exhaust and it sound pretty nice with an effective muffler. But listening to those 90's rally cars man that sound is king

It was the '90's :) enuff said :) my 84 Leone RX sounded mint in the '90's as well BUT would never pass noise now :) it only had 2 straight thru Coby's in it, set car alarms of all the time.

What happened to the twisted setup you bought off me Zach and did you get the cusco adjustys ok?. Sounds like you need to come see me for some fab. I've had change of heart and looks like im back in business shed will be operational next week

hijacka said:
What happened to the twisted setup you bought off me Zach and did you get the cusco adjustys ok?. Sounds like you need to come see me for some fab. I've had change of heart and looks like im back in business shed will be operational next week

Time to knock up a t/s holset jig.

• Admin

2" will restrict the **** out of it. Turbochargers work on pressure differential, the higher the post-turbo pressure the ****tier they work.

Rally cars use 2" exhausts because they run like 32mm restrictors so there's bugger all flow and most of them make like 210wkw tops.

evowrx said:
I had my car tuned with 3" dp to 2.5" from there. Swapped to full 3" and immediately felt a difference. Vf22@20psi 227wkw.

Has my old setup with twisted steam uppipe turbosmart 44mm progate w.g and twist stainless 3' dp with removeable screamer section..

The uppipe mount is t3 s.s and vband on the downpipe,. i can do a 3'stainless mandrel pipe into a rage will be loud lol.

hijacka said:
Has my old setup with twisted steam uppipe turbosmart 44mm progate w.g and twist stainless 3' dp with removeable screamer section..

The uppipe mount is t3 s.s and vband on the downpipe,. i can do a 3'stainless mandrel pipe into a rage will be loud lol.

Not running it tho if hes using td05.

sweet. My skyline has been soaking up most my funds so havent got round to getting the wrx finished, those new cuscos are sweet man like really nice, I wasent used to the lowerd ride height and fuccked my exhaust up really bad, hence looking at getting another one

evowrx said:
Dont think anyone sells a single scroll td just the 12cm t/s. Waste running a td05 if youre t3 flange anyway.

You can get bolt on t3 mount exh housing with vband out in .63 flavour and yeah course it would be waste doing it to a Td05 i think Zach is referring to his current turbo? but hey its upgradable and with a twisted setup and a good td05 core in hand be silly not too go balls out.

Zach said:
sweet. My skyline has been soaking up most my funds so havent got round to getting the wrx finished, those new cuscos are sweet man like really nice, I wasent used to the lowerd ride height and fuccked my exhaust up really bad, hence looking at getting another one

Oh thats no good mate lol!, How bad is it? could always see if i can fix it or we could finally put all that stuff you got sitting there to use and hang a real exhaust?