Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

2006 Legacy speaker install help please & hello!

sknarfm

Hey Club Sub members,

greetings! :)

As my first post I'd like to ask for some advice...

Just as a preface, I'm great with IT & computers, cars and audio electrical, not so much...

I've recently bought a 2006 Legacy Wagon (B-Sport 2ltr).

Sadly, it came with the factory Kenwood head unit and factory speakers. :(

I bought one of these yesterday and installed it without a hitch: http://www.jonvy.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4447&search=subaru

It works really well. I generally just play music/podcasts from my phone, so it's perfect.

I opened up one of the front doors next to check out the speakers.

They're the horrible looking cardboard factory jobs.

I have a couple of cheapish sets of 6" JVC speakers I've had sitting round for a while I want to install.

I believe I need these: http://www.hyperdrive.co.nz/product/speaker-spacers/706/no905-universal-spacer-6/151234/detail , as the factory speakers have their own attached plastic spacer thingie.

They also have the factory plug that connects to the cabling that goes back to the head unit.

I have a couple of questions:

- are those the correct spacers? They look to be the right size, shape to me. I'm guessing I may need to drill a couple more holes in them to fit the speakers perfectly.

- How do I go about wiring the new speakers in to the plug currently in the vehicle. Does anyone know of a place that sells an adapter?

As you can guess I'm not 100% confident in this, but I do want to learn. And I don't want to pay a car audio place to install when it doesn't appear to be that difficult.

thanks! :)

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By kamineko
      In lieu of a new Technical board structure being implemented soon, here are the workings for the new FAQ posts to replace all technical stickies, and hopefully most of your searches.
      This is a temporary post because it isn't helping anyone locked away while I'm too busy to finish it.
      Please post additional useful links as a new post for a Mod to add to the list.
      Mods, I've tried to categorise things logically and keep double-ups to a minimum. PM me any questions.
      Cheers,
      kamineko

INFORMATIONAL
      Documents

Every JDM brochure - @chappell943 SUBARU PARTS CATALOGUE - @B4 2000  
      Workshop Manuals

Workshop Service Manuals - Stoffa Gen 1 Legacy workshop manual - @slystiguy Gen 3 and 4 workshop manuals - @paulngui Legacy 1998-2003 Service Manual (GEN III incl RSK/GT) - @suubyduuby Workshop manual BE/BH 2003MY. Covers TT 4442 pages by Fuji Heavy Industries - @Rosssub FORESTER 1999-2002 Workshop Manual - @luvmaforzzy pdf Engine manual for a Ej20t Dohc - subaru-mania Vacuum Diagrams and Solenoid Placements for WRX - Swindog  
      Gadget Manuals

Programming Keyless Entry Info All Legacy GT/b's Installation manuals (Timers/Controllers etc) - @Joker Zero Sports Sequential Controller DIY translation - @nncoolg G4 pdf manual - evowrx GFB G-Force 2 Boost Controller Manual  Gizzmo Ibc Manual  
      Model Codes & Specifications

Impreza   WRX Classic Model Codes - kamineko JDM WRX ECUS - kamineko JDM WRX Brake setups - kamineko Factory Power/Torque/Kerb Weights for all GC/GF Models. - thorpy How to decipher model/chassis codes (JDM vehicles) - boostin  
      Legacy  
      JDM Legacy applied model codes - readosnr
      Legacy BL BP info - subieboy   Forester  
      JDM Forester applied model codes
      -readosnr  
      Engine

ECU basics from ScoobyMods including reset & CEL Reading procedures V3/4 Sti Shim under aftermarket valves Part Numbers - @thorpy Intercooler and Other Related FAQ's - @Swindog  
      Turbo

Subaru Turbo System explained - @Stoffa Turbo FAQ's - @Swindog More IHI Turbo specs - @Shale  
      Drivetrain

Manual Transmission Ratios - By @Johnnynz Subaru Gearbox Chart V2 - @GC8E2DD Subaru Gearbox Code Chart  
      Electrical

Full list of fault codes - @boostin Check Engine Light CEL Codes - @kamineko Subaru ABS Fault Codes Power Light Fault Codes (Automatic Transmission) - arsenal69 Wiring guides and pinouts - @ReubenH ECU Pinouts BC5 BG5a WRX (4 plug) pinouts V7 STI ECU Diagram jollygreenmonster.com ECU pinouts Speed sensor pinout - @gotasuby  
    • By NZGTB
      I recently imported my dream bh5 in the purple/ blue colour, auto ej206 which I'm fine with, it has 49,000 k"s and upon inspection it has had a centre decat and muffler delete and a back box from zero sports. It's a rev C from 2000 and I'm looking to get a base tune or Remap. I contacted possum bourne here in auckland but they are unable to tune the rev C ecu for some reason? Would anyone be able to point me in a direction of a tuner in auckland? Someone also mentioned on here about project lambda,  I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them and if it's worth it. Thanks guys!
  • Recent Status Updates