Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2001 Legacy Rev d heater not working

Car runs at operating temp no issues, coolant full and no airlocks and heater core not leaking. Heater and a/c just dont spit out hot air.

Any thing i should be checking? Havent figured out how to get my hand in to check if heater hoses are warm yet.

A faulty vent door motor would show up in diagnostics. Be worth checking all of the white plastic vent lever arms out under the dash, make sure none are broken or unclipped.

Worst case scenario is a leaking/blocked heater core that's been bypassed to hide a problem. Be worth pulling the TMIC off and checking the heater hoses are connected as they should be.

If it wont blow hot or cold but the blower motor will still work wired to the battery, then it will be a dead blower motor resistor.

Blower motor and 4 step work perfectly just blasts cold air regardless of temp setting. Just had the thermostat replaced and there was air in the system but topped it off and took a 120km drive but still cold air.

Park it on the steepest thing you can find and squeeze heater hoses . I can reach part of one with left hand upside down over top of primary turbo . Could feel the hose go from cold to hot as I was squeezing it and revin it a bit . Car was already warm

Have you actually cleaned out the heater? I had the exact same problem recently. Flushed the core out with the hose in both directions and I could see the rusty water coming out, did that a few times and put all back together, now have a heater that heats.

I had this EXACT issue today on my 02 Rev D.

1st, I checked and replaced the in cabin A/C fuse, that seemed to help a little bit. (Odd because the previous fuse was not blown)

2nd, Flushed heater core and bled the cooling system. Also, I found that the radiator cap was not sealing properly, replaced it.

Got full heat now. :D

• Admin
 lachlan said:
Yea . And do closed deck block while you have fuse box lid off . Do it once do it right

Ahahahha love it.

p.s. Blocked heater core.

I don't care what you say, it's got a blocked heater core.

All BHs have a blocked heater core. Period.

• 2 weeks later...
 Rosssub said:
Try going in from the drivers side, just in front of the intake air control valve (hose #1).

Full HVAC diagnostics starting on page 3475 in this workshop manual:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?39909-Workshop-manual-BE-BH-2003MY-Covers-TT-4442-pages-by-Fuji-Heavy-Industries

Right finally on laptop and downloaded this. How do I read the DTC? I bought an ELM327 ningnang chip bluetooth dongley ting but it wont connect to the phone guess its a POS.

Manual diagnostics start on page 3492:

SELECT CONTROL PANEL TO SELF-DIAGNOSIS

MODE.

1) Turn ignition switch to OFF.

2) While pushing “AUTO” and “FRESH/

RECIRC” switches, turn ignition switch to

ON.

3) Make sure that all characters on the display

blinks four times.