murraypretorius

Subaru 4 Pin Brake Switch

Hi,

I am in the progress of fitting cruise control to my 2010 Subaru legacy

I’m after a 4 pin brake light switch that I seem to find easily everywhere online. But unfortunately I am having a very hard time finding the 4 pin connector that plugs into it.

Is there any chance anyone would be able to tell me what the part number would be or where to find it? I had a chat to someone from PartSouq and they were unable to help me without a part no.. 

Also, would anyone be able to give me info as that which ECU pins I need for wiring the 2 required wires to it? 

This is what I need:

1.    Brake light switch (PN: 83370AA001) easy to find – https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=83370AA001 or the alternative: https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/tridon-na---sourcing-new-supplier/SPO6453972.html

83370AA001.jpg 

2.    4 pin male connector to go into the above (no idea where to find) –

39dc8e_702472e2b4b148e2baa0eeca87b8e057~

JiuSWkC.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

3 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

following - how would one know if your Sub is compatible to upgrade to CC?

Hi HannesNel,

I have been following this thread: Brilliant write up by  @richnorm

I'm not sure if there is an exact way to tell if it is compatible but I have a mate with the exact same model as mine (but has CC) and apparently most newer cars already have it programmed into the ECU

I have added in the steering wheel buttons and Cruise Control activates on my dash, just does not set or cancel due to the missing 4 pin switch