Gozer442

Going to Meremere Dragway tomorrow...to RACE!

So, it's my birthday tomorrow, and I want to go drag racing! I'm heading to Meremere Dragway with the family in the Legacy.

I'd like to take it down the track a few times...to have some fun with the family, and get a starting performance base before the fixes and modifications start.

Will I need a helmet? Will I have to prep the car to pass a safety inspection there? Being an automatic, what RPM should I launch with the foot brake, and at what RPM should I be shifting?

Also, is anyone else going? Do you want to meet up?

Thanks!

Greg

• Like 2

I will also post some pics, and timeslips for the day. Does anyone have a guess to what my best time will be for the day?

It's a bone stock '03 Legacy GT-B e-tune with 250k on it.

Considering you reckon it isn't quite working as it should and you hardly know the car I'll go with 15.5

7 minutes ago, Joker said:

14.37!

such a vague guess Joker xD

• Like 3

Wow @Joker...thats a pretty specific guess! 

Let's get some bets going! For something from the forum merchendise? Or is that not allowed?

@Andy_Mac Hmm... 15.5... minutes?  ;)

Edited by Gozer442
Add content...
  • Like 1

More than 10 less than 20..

Some people would say your crazy..New car and all..

Others would say go for it you crazy bastard..

:ph34r:

• Like 3

@pedro I'm pretty comfortable around cars...and have been doing my own work for years. Now mix that with being a horsepower nut, and a "Crazy Canuck" (a typical Canadian)... hell ya! I'll take it for a rip!

• Like 2

Well, it's a late morning start...so I won't make it for 12pm cut off to race. Next time. Heading out now... I'll still get some pics.

Didn't get to the races yesterday. We got out late, decided to have lunch in Onehunga, which would have only given us 1.5 of race time...not worth the $25 entrance fee and $80 to race. So we walked around downtown Auckland, had a cider at Mezzier, my wife got injured by some idiot skateboarder that plowed through a group of us crossing at a traffic light(that's a whole other post), and ended up at the "Mexico" restaurant for dinner(which I highly recommend!). Great taquilla there! Had a great time! 

• Like 1