A_J_T

Subaru BP/BL Rear Sway-bar Reinforcement

Hey Team, 

Just realized my MY04 Outback is suffering from the rear swaybar mount weakness issue. Right-hand mount is cracked, all standard gear no aftermarket sway-bar, but i guess being low adds stress. 

Does anyone know where to source the reinforcement brackets similar or the same as the Avo ones pictured below? 

s-l1600.jpg

Ultraracing do an underbody brace combined with the swaybar reinforcement brackets, Pro Wholesale in Tauranga should be able to source you one.

Also Cusco do a kit. Tried both and UR will be my preferred option. 

• Like 1

Avoid the Cusco for your situaton where it is already cracked. It doesn't have the additional subframe mount so probably won't help much

• Like 2

That's the one I've got, can't fault it besides being flat white and not some fancy blingy colour like every other brand does 😉

• Like 1

On 24/06/2019 at 11:34 AM, Andy_Mac said:

That's the one I've got, can't fault it besides being flat white and not some fancy blingy colour like every other brand does 😉

@Andy_Mac is this going to fit my 3.0R legacy? 

4 hours ago, A_J_T said:

Yes it will mate. 

@A_J_T do you have this part available from your outback? Does this get bolted in or welded?

2 minutes ago, ACE3.0R said:

@A_J_T do you have this part available from your outback? Does this get bolted in or welded?

It just bolts on, it's on my wagon currently and it will stay there. My factory swaybar mounts have basically fallen off hence I got this. If I knew they were so weak with a standard swaybar I would have gotten one earlier... so highly recommend getting one for any BP/BL thats not at standard height. 

36 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

It just bolts on, it's on my wagon currently and it will stay there. My factory swaybar mounts have basically fallen off hence I got this. If I knew they were so weak with a standard swaybar I would have gotten one earlier... so highly recommend getting one for any BP/BL thats not at standard height. 

Great to know, I'll shop ultra racing when I'm ready, always knew I'd get new links but the brace would help too. Shot!

49 minutes ago, ACE3.0R said:

Great to know, I'll shop ultra racing when I'm ready, always knew I'd get new links but the brace would help too. Shot!

pro-wholesale is the place to go for Ultraracing stuff, tell them you are a member here and they might give you a discount, used to be more than the 5% mentioned above

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

pro-wholesale is the place to go for Ultraracing stuff, tell them you are a member here and they might give you a discount, used to be more than the 5% mentioned above

Awesome, cheers Andy! I'll remember that 👏👍