Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hey guys so after months of a headache with my wrx I've decided too come here and see if anyone has experienced what my cars doing. So resently my 1996 wrx gc8 type ra. Has a check light issue. Everytime I start the car check lights on. And stays on. If I let the car warm up for 30min minimum. Then turn the key off then back on quickly check light disappears and wont return untill I turn the car off for longer then 5min. Have done a diagnostics check and came back with error codes 24 44 and 45.

24 idle air control sensor. I have replaced no change at all.

44 turbo wastegate regulator and 45 map sensor. I haven't replaced these two as of yet as I'm not sure why when the car is cold it would effect these two sensors? 

Have noticed today when I first started the car I made sure check light was on then turned car off connected the diagnostic plugs under the dash and anyone who has done this will no that the fans ect will all come on going thru their test cycles. Well when cold and check light present the wastegate pressure solenoid does nothing.

But after leaving the car to idle for 30min then getting the check light to turn off. I quickly turn car off connected the plugs under dash and the wastegate soilenoid now clicks loud and fast as it should. Sorry for the long write up guys but surely someone can help me out?

• 2 weeks later...

The sensor mightve been getting a bad reading from the iacv? I'd suggest cleaning the iacv it's pretty easy with a cotton bud and some throttle body cleaner. I think you might have to connect the other connectors to clear the codes once you've done. It's been a while since I've done this but pretty sure you don't have to do anything to clear the codes.