Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bolt in cage?? Cert?

What ever happin to the "do it once, do it right" saying here.

I want a roll cage yet i want back seats, and have passagers, have be able to install in minutes.

Sounds like a TV shopping ad.

how stupid you have to be to risk your life by taking short cuts like this.....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah... If its safe for the Japanese, its safe enough for me... (despite what you all think...!) They did after all make our cars... :o

I'm looking into buying some cross bars (BOLT IN TOO) for the rear X section and from the centre hoop to the front bars (near the dash).

D-Style said:

What ever happin to the "do it once, do it right" saying here.

I want a roll cage yet i want back seats, and have passagers, have be able to install in minutes.

Sounds like a TV shopping ad.

how stupid you have to be to risk your life by taking short cuts like this.....

Funny thing is the Japanese are pretty rangi with alot of things. Plus they dont have WOF or anything so you would be surprised as to what they let on the road over there.

Is any cusco "Show cages" FIA approved at all?

The roll cages I have in my work vehicle have to be tested (NDT type testing) and re-certed each year and only have a max work life of 5 years.

D-Style said:

Plus they dont have WOF or anything so you would be surprised as to what they let on the road over there.

I thought they had some thing like a wof? Maybe it was to register a car there?

I saw a video of a wee subaru 360 geting all these safety checks.

But was more stringant than a wof test here. they checked the brakes on a roller manchine.

It was like it was going down a little assembly line and each work station would check then pass it.

Then on to the next one.

Old Skool Subbie']

[quote name='D-Style said:

Plus they dont have WOF or anything so you would be surprised as to what they let on the road over there.

/quote]

But was more stringant than a wof test here. they checked the brakes on a roller manchine.

It was like it was going down a little assembly line and each work station would check then pass it.

Then on to the next one.

from what i have been told new cars in japan come with a wof type thing and that lasts for so many years (5 years?) then it has to go through a very tough check, which will last another so many years, only it costs heaps so they just trade them in for new ones instead and we end up with their old cars.

i dont actually know if thats entirely correct though.

driftrex']

[quote name='D-Style said:

/quote]

Then on to the next one.

from what i have been told new cars in japan come with a wof type thing and that lasts for so many years (5 years?) then it has to go through a very tough check, which will last another so many years, only it costs heaps so they just trade them in for new ones instead and we end up with their old cars.

i dont actually know if thats entirely correct though.

+1 have heard that 2

Ive had it explained to me when i was last over there, but could have changed by now

Was somthing like you get 2 years rego then once that expires you have to pay more than your first rego for another 2 years. after 4 years your rego gets more and more expensive on how old your car is.

There was a pollution test or somthing but that was it.

Thou there servicing is pretty intense if they get it done.

You be very surprise at the modified state of some cars over there because they only have them for a few years before they upgrade.

Hense why so many imports come into this country stuffed.

Also the garages change massive amounts for labour. Thats why everything is plug-n-play, or bolt on so the installation take very little time.

D-Style said:

Ive had it explained to me when i was last over there, but could have changed by now

Was somthing like you get 2 years rego then once that expires you have to pay more than your first rego for another 2 years. after 4 years your rego gets more and more expensive on how old your car is.

Thats something Ive heard of too

Any vehicle that has access to a mine site must have ROPS (roll over protection system) So Vans, utes all have roll cages. Its funny seeing a hilux with a six point!

Yes head is still exposed. But these vehicles are lucky to see 100Kph so unless they roll down a bank, the crashs dont seem to be that serious where heads hitting roll bars create problems.

i friend just bought a half cage for his evo

now i tried to explain the safety aspect to him about them bending when crashing

He told me you have to forget about the cage being there to protect you the purpose of a cusco cage is to stiffen the chassis and improve the response from the car which makes sense.

QRAF said:

now i tried to explain the safety aspect to him about them bending when crashing

He told me you have to forget about the cage being there to protect you the purpose of a cusco cage is to stiffen the chassis and improve the response from the car which makes sense.

lol i guess this is paul? goes to show what he knows ay. known him it'll just be for show. hes dreaming if he thinks a half cage is gonna make his chassis stiffer, weld a full 8 point cage in and then yea i could beleive that it'll help, but thats still not its job.

driftrex']

[quote name='QRAF said:

/quote]

lol i guess this is paul? goes to show what he knows ay. known him it'll just be for show. hes dreaming if he thinks a half cage is gonna make his chassis stiffer, weld a full 8 point cage in and then yea i could believe that it'll help, but thats still not its job.

that was a bit low bro, :-\

have to agree to dis-agree on this one me thinks

not disagreeing your more than likely right, he must of just explained it better to me than your guys have so far.

i still don't understand how putting bars throughout your car isn't going to make it stiffer even if they are bolted to the struts ??? makes no sense

pm me if you want to keep it off the forums i just don't want to go to him saying the club says your all sh*t bro only to have him talk me around again.

loren said:

and no triangulation... which has already been said in this thread ::)

+1Million

A strut brace works because it directly links the top of the strut towers. Those bolt in cages that don't have any diagonal bracing, also have no strengthening/stiffening capabilities. They are purely there for show and to add weight.