Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

In the Market for a Manual

Banksy02

Hi Team,

in the Market for a Manual Wagon to do some work on and improve. Saw this listing 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-2586721445.htm

wondered what general issues you guys see in it? having almost 300k on the body and a unknown engine swap. It seems he has done a fair bit of work on pumps and pulleys and suspension components so seems fine to me?  Just never owned a Subi past 150kms. 

Any redflags i should be looking out for here?

• Admin

Looks super tidy for it's age and we'll maintained. 

I'd be questioning the diff situation though. From factory for an 06 it should have a r180 viscous rear, viscous centre and open front. 

If they haven't been done already then almost every bush will be due for replacement too.

Hey Andy

Thanks for the reply!

he said he upgraded the front axle to a larger size hence the suretrack front. Is a full bushing replacement costly on these?

and lastly reckon around 6.5 is a alright price here? 

• Admin

I wasn't aware of any ’larger’ axle options for these short of something from the US. Larger would usually mean moving to a r180 setup which you'd need custom axles or a custom front hub. 

Bush replacement will depend on whether you go for OEM or aftermarket stuff. With a semi decent press you can do the majority of them at home on the cheap with factory ones from partsouq.com

Yea might as well try him at 6.5 and see what he pushes back with.

• Like 1

He has accepted 6.5k, just im based in chch and didnt wanna fly up at 300 dollar flights for a dog of a car lol. As i said i havent owned one past 150kms and wondered if this had any particular bad gremlins. I currently have the exact same car with 123,000km but auto, so would love to switch to this. 

Thanks for all the help Andy!

• Like 1