Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Hey all

Was just wondering if I needed a tune for the following:

I recently had a dyno tune done on my WRX on stock Downpipe. Got some nice gains and came out around 302bhp.

Been wanting to buy a Blitz Exhaust but they are over $1,000 and in looking a few of my friends recommended the following exhaust

https://ppdperformance.nz/products/subaru-wrx-sti-turbo-back-exhaust-with-catalytic-converter

Good price for a very nice sounding exhaust and even comes with Downpipe. However, I don't want to put the Downpipe on if it would cause problems. It says it is a high flow cat so I assume around 100 - 200 cells compared to the 400 or so on stock DP.

Is there any reason to put the Downpipe on? Or if I have had a nice tune am I better to just put the catback on?

Thanks!

For a road car I would just put it on and forget. If you will be going to the track, a dyno check is probably a good idea... won't need a tune I bet, just a safe check... shouldn't cost much more than the dyno bolt up cost.

• Like 1