Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How do you differentiate the different types of sti?

marl3y said:

Just wondering, noone can really explain it to me very well. Hope you guys can :)

what do you mean different types of STI,

I take it you mean the Type R, type RA, STI, and wagon STI...?

or do you mean from year to year?

you also get nz new WRX which is nearly an STI... but not

edit: then you also get the later version 7 & 8 SPEC C..

• General Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_transmitted_disease

A sexually transmitted disease (STD), also known as sexually transmitted infection (STI) or venereal disease (VD), is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact, including vaginal intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex. While in the past, these illnesses have mostly been referred to as STDs or VD, in recent years the term sexually transmitted infection (STI) has been preferred, as it has a broader range of meaning; a person may be infected, and may potentially infect others, without showing signs of disease. Some STIs can also be transmitted via use of an IV drug needle after its use by an infected person, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding. Sexually transmitted infections have been well known for hundreds of years.
  • Like 1

JoKer said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_transmitted_disease

A sexually transmitted disease (STD), also known as sexually transmitted infection (STI) or venereal disease (VD), is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact, including *****l intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex. While in the past, these illnesses have mostly been referred to as STDs or VD, in recent years the term sexually transmitted infection (STI) has been preferred, as it has a broader range of meaning; a person may be infected, and may potentially infect others, without showing signs of disease. Some STIs can also be transmitted via use of an IV drug needle after its use by an infected person, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding. Sexually transmitted infections have been well known for hundreds of years.

Hahaha

• Like 1

marl3y said:

Right. So there's no easy way to tell. Just got to know your cars then. I just meant like sti version 7 and v5 and all that jazz. ur a crak up dude.

well the versions are easy.. "basically speaking"

V1 - 2 were 95-96

V3 - 4 were 97-98

V5 - 6 were 99-00

Version 7 01-02

Version 8 03-04

or something like that.

From V1 -6 they all retained the same chassis but got face lifted for each group.

V1-2 had the slanted top mount intercooler, V3-4 got the phase 1 engine and v5-6 the phase 2.

Generally speaking they got more power as they went along

V7 got a new engine and V8 went to the twin scroll set up and equal length headers (and AVCs heads)

chassis wise V 1 to 6 are all GC for sedan and GF for wagon

Version 7 above went to GDA for sedan and GDB for wagon.. (not entirely sure on that one)

**every point above can be expanded ten fold to describe the full changes

*** many things i will have missed

funkytown']

[quote name='marl3y said:

Right. So there's no easy way to tell. Just got to know your cars then. I just meant like sti version 7 and v5 and all that jazz. ur a crak up dude.

/quote]

V1 - 2 were 95-96

V3 - 4 were 97-98

V5 - 6 were 99-00

Version 7 01-02

Version 8 03-04

or something like that.

From V1 -6 they all retained the same chassis but got face lifted for each group.

V1-2 had the slanted top mount intercooler, V3-4 got the phase 1 engine and v5-6 the phase 2.

V7 got a new engine and V8 went to the twin scroll set up and equal length headers

Yay that's pretty much what i wanted to know! Thanks so much ;D ;D

funkytown']

[quote name='marl3y said:

/quote]

V1 - 2 were 95-96

V3 - 4 were 97-98

V5 - 6 were 99-00

Version 7 01-02

Version 8 03-04

or something like that.

V7 got a new engine and V8 went to the twin scroll set up and equal length headers (and AVCs heads)

chassis wise V 1 to 6 are all GC for sedan and GF for wagon

Version 7 above went to GDA for sedan and GDB for wagon.. (not entirely sure on that one)

**every point above can be expanded ten fold to describe the full changes

*** many things i will have missed

Nah bro thats not right you can get a 92 or 93 wrx..

92 - 93 maybe 94 v1

95nd 96 v2 wrx

96and 97 v3

97 and 98 v4

98 and 99 v5

99 and 2000 v6

now i look back thats kinda what you said haha my bad

• General Member

yup cornfusing as mush as the OP question

I like to differentiate my STI's by year

1993 STI

1994 STI

1995 STI

1996 STI

1997 STI

1998 STI

1999 STI

2000 STI

2001 STI

2002 STI

2003 STI

2004 STI

2005 STI

2006 STI

2008 STI

2009 STI

and so on

funkytown']

[quote name='Bjcnz said:

Am I going mad, or does OP share the same AVI as Funkytown?

/quote]

lol yer its in the default set the forum comes with..

\

changed it now :)

I'm loving all this marly though... damn it's been a while since i have listend to any.

Oh, STi's

Version 1 (extremly rare):

94-sti.jpg

Scooby13.jpg

Version 2, still has the old style headlights, bonnet, grille, rear bumper and orange tail lights.

basically looks like the above, but without the massive spoiler.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

800px-1995_WRX_STI_RA_GC8.jpg

interior.jpg

^^ that's a UK cluster though

Both cars above are actually special editions, normal STi's didn't get the roof scoops.

Version 3, lots of updates, new engine etc. Cosmetically, New neadlights, grille, bonnet, back bumper, tail lights (now clear, not orange) and kept the V2 spoiler.

They also introduced the Type R, the coupe.

25304a7c1d388e978.jpg

25304a5d0b12c7184.jpg

:'(

1997PB.jpg

Version 4, cosmetically the same as the V3, but some got the big front lips. Inside though, they got a huge face lift, to a much more modern interior. More or less the same engine as the V3 too.

An example of the lip on a type R.

sti4r.jpg

97539416_full.jpg

New interior

(this is a V5 one though)

90257345_full.jpg

Version 5, New engine again, and new face lift, they got a new grille, new bumper, and the big sti wing we all know and love

95718307_full.jpg

101903661_full.jpg

Version 6, Looks like the V5, only they got a front lip, and the big spoiler/wing at the back was made a bit more aggressive, with a little flair at the back of it. This was also the last time they officially called them by their versions i THINK. They are known by model year after this, such as 05 sti, 07 sti etc.

68953136_full.jpg

68953152_full.jpg

Version 7, the bug eye. Total overhaul, new chassis, new engine, new interior, new everything.

82228673_full.jpg

82228674_full.jpg

That's the stock V7 sti spoiler. The big ones are all from later models, or from the prodrive edition V7's.

Version 8, Got a face lift, new tail lights too, and the big wing.

84953556_full.jpg

84953621_full.jpg

Version 9. Now allot of people get this one mixed up, the Version 9 looks just like the V8. The way to tell them appart is the little flair on the rear arches, and the different wheels, they went to 5x114.3

2d2e8265_std.jpg

Version 10, The face lift. NZ new changed to a 2.5L engine for this generation, Japanese is still 2L

06sti.jpg

104533991_full.jpg

And the V11, the hatchback.

09WRX1_m_m.jpg

2008-subaru-impreza-sti-7.jpg

• Like 1

G-unit said:

remember seeing a ver1 sti in palmy, the same as the 1st 1 but was red, dam the spoiler is ugly

yeah there was a black one round here. Never realised that was a stock spoiler though. thought they must of had a low one and put that on instead. pretty hideous alright!