Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

PRICES ON GC8 STI TYPE R COUPES ON THE UP

cornf3

dunno, dealers are always gonna say stuff like that. but the fact is, unless its really rare (im thinkin 22b) then i reckon they are full of it, they can put the price up all they want, but if its been on TM for a year, then putting the price up aint gonna help him sell it!!! plus BLKPNTHR is looking at V6,7,8 STIs for lower prices. so what would you rather have?

This guy is nuts. Somethings not right with that car either, it's been on there for ages, and he refuses to show pics of the engine bay?! I asked why, he responded asking for my email address which i gave him, and then got nothing. Was never going to pay the 24k, let alone now being 28!! Things don't increase in price by over 15% in one day... idiot.

WRXER']

Haha read the questions, he is challenging someone to a race....... Real winner haha ::)

Rego papers at dawn !

:D

That particular Coupe has been on TM for over a year.

Fact; He will never sell it at that price.

Agreed.

Seller has his head so far up his ass he'll never see daylight again.

:P

[quote name='TURTLE said:

They will go up when there is only 2-3 left.

Yep.

Rare is not always reflected in price.

A Trabant is rare in NZ but would you pay more than 50c for one ?

A Type R may hold its value but it won't be an investment for another 10-20 years.

;D

newsuba']

Haha read the questions, he is challenging someone to a race....... Real winner haha ::)

Rego papers at dawn !

:D

That particular Coupe has been on TM for over a year.

Fact; He will never sell it at that price.

Agreed.

Seller has his head so far up his ass he'll never see daylight again.

:P

[quote name='TURTLE said:

They will go up when there is only 2-3 left.

/quote]

Yep.

Rare is not always reflected in price.

A Trabant is rare in NZ but would you pay more than 50c for one ?

A Type R may hold its value but it won't be an investment for another 10-20 years.

;D

There was a Trabant that sold here for way over 10k I think.... But they are werid and rare here... Ive seen a whole 1 in real life.

A Subaru 360 is worth alot... a guy was selling one here at least 6k un restored.

Buy one from japan last time I looked, it was about 10k USA dollars or more.

Thinking about it they be worth more in 30+ years.... Maybe a few less years since they have more off a cult following.

But sadley my GSR still not worth much its 30 plus years old.... maybe in another 10years...

I dont mind I own it because ive always wanted one and I enjoy driving it. I didnt buy it to make money on it.

if you do a search on tm for type r there seems to be a few going for 14k upwards

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-240892874.htm

and then rough ones for 10k under.

i found another two for 23k

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-240669636.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-240567935.htm

whats going on looks like the price is going up.

cornf3 said:

Whats going on is two guys trying to make back there modification money.

They won't.

Or may; to a Tinny house/P Lab operator

hey, ive got a great idea for making some money. buy one of those type R coupes nice and cheap, take it to that dude with the $28k one, and see if he will trade it for like $20k, easy way to make at least $10k!!!

there is one problem...he is a douch who is never gonna sell that car for that price!!!