Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Still way version 7 stolen 2009 (2013 partially recovered)

ade051

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That happened to me - a day after the investigation started, they suspended it. Broke my bloody heart - it DOES feel like they don't care.

Its suspended because they cant do jack shit until they get info or it turns up. Like Joker says, if theres no leads, then you just cant go door to door until you find it. If it were easy, youd find it yourself! :)

how could you have no insurance sounds like candyman you had a wrx which he was driving down the motorway when his car caught a light and the whole car burnt to ashes and no insurance. I feel for ya bud as I had my legacy stolen my fucken mongle mob pieces of shit you know who you are.

hmmm.

You "let the insurance lapse" as in you had an active policy but didnt pay it that month?

If this is the case and it was a one-off missed payment lapse then the insurance might still pay out.

Or you hadnt paid it for so long the policy was cancelled??? You do get several reminders before they cancel your policy so i find it hard to imagine it was not a conscious decision not to pay this. It sux balls about your car, but if you have a hi-po car in Aucks and you havent paid your insurance for ages then it kinda serves you right.

For example, if you had of hit me, totalling my vehicle and couldnt pay it I would be left out of pocket. Would i feel sorry for you in this instance? No.

So why should we now?

Look here dick head, do you know me?? I didnt think so, if i had crashed into you then i would pay you, i have no worries about that at all. I have been extremely busy and no i had 1 reminder but with what else has been going on in my life lately, (which i wont go into), one thing had to give, and my stupid mistake, but it was that. Im not on here to have people rubbing it in, but to ask if anyone has seen it and for them to keep and eye out for it. I dont need you telling me im stupid, already know that! So maybe keep your opinion to yourself, and shut up. Rant over.

Im at Bracu now matty, another excellent place for piccys though!! And yeah sucks balls hard losing it. You never know though, they might catch this gang Fingers crossed!

Ah I hope you find it bro, least it has a lot of distinctive parts on it that can be easily recognized

mmm Bracu!

Nice, I might come out for lunch soon ! whats on the lunch menu that you could recommend to a pie eater like myself ?

sorry but this is a forum and opinions are there to be expressed.

FYI i never told you that you were stupid. I did think it but never told you that you were.

You are right I do not know you personally, but from all info I have you are a good sort who is quite sensible which makes you having no insurance all the wierder.

Anyhow, have you tried asking the insurance if they will pay out? Sure you might have let it lapse as a one off error in judgement or mistake, but they will have terms and conditions that they still cover the vehicle/house etc for a certain period after payment.

For example, I missed one payment on my vehicle while I was overseas and it was garaged. I went to AMI the day I got back and expected to pay for my new month plus backdated. They said I didnt need to pay the backdated amount, as no damage occured they could start a new policy.

When I querried what would have happened if there was any damage, they stated I could retrospectively pay the premium and they would pay out.

This could be worth investigating.

Hope it goes well for you, cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
 Rossmnz said:

This could be worth investigating.

+1 Seeing as I have worked in the insurance industry for some time now, there are more things to consider than, duh... my insurance lapsed.. its not always that simple. But I'm not going to go into it.

My car got broken into on Tuesday in Parnell, they got very close to getting it started and going but thankfully a witness intervened.

Offender's got away but police were called and were given a full description of the suspects including car rego etc. Getaway car was registered to a man matching the suspect's description so police are investigating.

Not much help now ade051 but if they were the same guy's it least there is a chance they may get a slap on the wrist or what ever attempted car thieves get these days...

Thats good they stopped the bugger from stealing it. But still shouldnt have to worry about where you leave your car should you?? Still hope yet. None of the parts have turned up anywhere yet, and that includes the computer that would have to be re tuned. Hope they catch them mate!

• 4 years later...

Well this is a thread from over 4 years ago now and guess what? I got a call from the Henderson Police the other day and my engine had turned up in a car they found. The ayrd it is sent me pics of it and the car its in. Not just the engine, but my whole car 3/4 way through being re-shelled! So, anyone interested in buying a project car?

ade051 said:

Well this is a thread from over 4 years ago now and guess what? I got a call from the Henderson Police the other day and my engine had turned up in a car they found. The ayrd it is sent me pics of it and the car its in. Not just the engine, but my whole car 3/4 way through being re-shelled! So, anyone interested in buying a project car?

What wheels does it have. . . . ;D

Let me get a list of everything that is there and also photo\'s for you. I have to also wait for the cops to get back to me as what to do with the shell as that is "his" apparently. Pm me your email address and i can send you the before and after pics.

ade051 said:

Let me get a list of everything that is there and also photo\'s for you. I have to also wait for the cops to get back to me as what to do with the shell as that is "his" apparently. Pm me your email address and i can send you the before and after pics.

tell him to give back your old shell then! haha :D

Amazing that it can turn up 4 years later.

Mine showed up like a year later