Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Website front page concept - NOT TAKING INDIVIDUAL SHOTS. PLZ DON'T ASK.

Shale

So in IRC, us geeks et al are thinking about doing another revamp concept for the front page - spice it up, as it were. I'll be designing the header concept :) Credit for the idea goes to Chrisjunkie, who would most likely be implementing it if everyone likes it.

The idea is a beach scene with quite a number of cars parked up on it - however, trying to get a half dozen Subarus placed on a beach is challenging, especially with weather being the way it is. Instead, I'd like to clearcut a bunch of cars onto the background.

If you'd like your car to feature on the header, just post a pic in this thread and I'll see about clearcutting it. Here's the criteria:

1) It needs to be a worm's eye view. ie: taken from over the car, like this:

DSCF9716Small.jpg

It can be of any angle: dead-on, on the side, 45-degree, or the rear of the car. Just needs to be a fairly high angle shot.

2) The photo needs to be clear, sharp, and showing the car complete (ie: no 'stuff' blocking any part of the car)

3) Tread of the front wheels can't be showing. To 'pose' your car artistically, have the front wheels turned so you see the whole wheel, or as much as will show on the angle of your choice.

I repeat, this is just a concept...likelihood of it happening isn't great, but we're a bored group of designers/techs with nothing better to do than make pretty stuff :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing's wrong with it, hence just playing around with concepts etc. You'd have to be in the IRC to know the background of why it came up in the first place.

"You'll never never know, if you never never go" - the old Aussie motto.

For that, we can harmonise a crisp, Subaru-esque and modern look amongst the two of them. At the moment, there's not much of a theme. It's good, it's easy to use and looks nice but...it's always fun to play dress-up as it were.

First is the offer, now is the threat: Don't make me put my sh!tbox N/A in the header!

Yarp. And for that reason there'll be several different options thrown in from the bored one. Different colours and layouts :)

Funky - looks great, exactly the colours and definition we need. Just...need a different angle :-X

We have our first candidate :)

dsc00062f.jpg

Thank you, funkytown!

Note for y'all, if there IS a small bit missing I can paint it in. Also, the more 'on top of the car' your camera shot, the closer and bigger the car will be in the final pic ;D

Shale']

I repeat, this is just a concept...likelihood of it happening isn't great, but we're a bored group of designers/techs with nothing better to do than make pretty stuff :D

coming from the chick with 3 projects on the go?? ::) ::) ::)

[quote name='Shale said:

First is the offer, now is the threat: Don't make me put my sh!tbox N/A in the header!

"make" sounds like you have made the choice and its going ahead???

The forums seem to work fine to me, but then again im not involved in the inner workings.

Personally i suggest you spend less time in forums and talking smack in IRC and more doing something productive.

Rossmnz said:

Personally i suggest you spend less time in forums and talking smack in IRC and more doing something productive.

heh comming from the master of all flamewar starters.... YOU yourself spend way too much time in the forums. Case closed let us get on with the discussion

To move on from the off-topic bullpoo and back to the task at hand...here are a few more examples. Owners of these cars, fear not, the pics WILL NOT be used unless you give explicit permission. These shots are from ClubSUB threads.

dsc03998r.jpg

n1221860535301150096821.jpg

chrisjunkie']

heh comming from the master of all flamewar starters.... YOU yourself spend way too much time in the forums. Case closed let us get on with the discussion

Im not trying to flame anyone really, just making a point that it seems unneccessary to me and that IMO your time and effort would be better spent elsewhere, rather than taking on another project/to do item that will most likely not get finished!

Heh most of my time spent on the forum is whilst im at work.

[quote name='Shale said:

To move on from the off-topic bullpoo and back to the task at hand...here are a few more examples. Owners of these cars, fear not, the pics WILL NOT be used unless you give explicit permission. These shots are from ClubSUB threads.

In conclusion: i have received no further images and shall now get a few from the forum in order to feel productive?

Just to make this clear Amy, im not attacking you personally here. Its more so a difference in opinion. Please respect this and not get fired up, if possible.

JoKer said:

front page horrendously under utilised except for 1st time visitors....

always room for improvement

Exactly, it's mostly a forum-based community here. However, an awesome home page is good, clean advertising for any organisation or company. Hence the thoughts on a few concept options, and a potential software upgrade.

Rossmnz: If it were just a difference in opinion, then it would be far better received by the several people (not just myself) that are working on this out of sheer inspiration if you mentioned that opinion ONCE AND ONCE ONLY, rather than re-quoting and re-quoting and re-quoting for the purpose of derailing the thread.

As Turtle said before the thread was cleaned up the first time, if it turns out good...awesome. If it turns out sh!t, awesome. Either way, no loss.

Your thoughts are noted. Please don't drag them up again, they are unhelpful.

Shale said:

Rossmnz: If it were just a difference in opinion, then it would be far better received by the several people (not just myself) that are working on this out of sheer inspiration if you mentioned that opinion ONCE AND ONCE ONLY, rather than re-quoting and re-quoting and re-quoting for the purpose of derailing the thread.

Your thoughts are noted. Please don't drag them up again, they are unhelpful.

The problem is this: each time someone ventures an opinion that is different than your own you either ignore it, attempt to shoot it down or insult the venturer.

My repeated quoting is merely to point out the holes in your own logic when you try to discredit other peoples opinion.

Plus i would like to know why my opinion is unhelpful? Everyone is entitled to feedback and you dismissing mine due to the fact that I have taught you a lesson a time or twelve in the forums makes you the wrong person to be doing this!

Rossmnz']

The problem is this: each time someone ventures an opinion that is different than your own you either ignore it, attempt to shoot it down or insult the venturer.

BullSh!t - amy consistently has a different opinion to me.. i just dont take a jackass attitude to it

[quote name='Rossmnz said:

My repeated quoting is merely....

b]Annoying[/b]

can i suggest anyone in their free time that wants to collect pictures and run with this idea do so.. It affects no one in the mean time and your time is your own (kudos to you guys for doing it).

Should it get to a point where they wish to "enhance" the front page or styling then voting for those that want to partake can. (i bet you most dont really give a flying...., and thats cool too)

Those that disagree (which is also fine) leave a post and saying so and leave it at that or take it to PM, refer to my first paragraph.. at this point in time they (ideaz ppl) are only burning their own free time.. its not hurting ya.

hi Chris,

i was stating why i need to keep quoting Amy. The fact that she wont accept another point of view but her own. The comment was never on my attitude to this, nor yours.

It seems you have misread this. I dont see how i have had a "jackass" attitude in here. i have taken pains to keep it as polite as possible and not make things personal.

Its a difference in opinion, that is all.

As for your annoyance to my frequent quoting: it is not too relevant. Quotation is THE most common method for refutation of an argument.

Personal attacks get you no where. coming from "teh webmaster" it isnt a good look mate. ::)