Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Website front page concept - NOT TAKING INDIVIDUAL SHOTS. PLZ DON'T ASK.

Shale

Background of photo... that's where I'm throwing it open. A huge gravel patch would be appropriate, as would sand/beach... there's a place I thought would look awesome but it's nowhere big enough for our purposes - a business park of glass buildings I managed to squeeze my car into, but not 20 of em.

I dunno, what's popular opinion? Where can everyone imagine a group of Subarus as representing us? Besides the track that is ;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the background you should have an iconic piece of NZ scenery.

It would be awesome with some of Reubens Qtown photos behind or even something like Mt Taranaki or Mt Cook.

I actually think it would be appropriate to have some reference to Possum on there considering the impact he has had on the subaru scene in NZ.

Why not do a montage of Skytower, Mt Taranaki and Queenstown with subarus over the bottom representing the spread of CS motors the length and breadth of the land???

That's actually a good idea. I could easily incorporate that into a montage with the cars sitting on either a sandy (western) or grassy nature strip - city highlights in the background. So long as the surface is flat rather than on a mega slope, anything's possible.

And I agree, some reference to Possum would be brilliant; it's licensing that is the problem. Every existing photo is likely owned by someone, and I'm unsure about reproduction issues (say, for example, would we be allowed to montage his statue in?) I wanna avoid any and all legal/copyright wrangles, of which there are many in the design world.

Looks cool indeed...very pretty car ;D

Pic is a bit dark though, it would fade into the background a bit...also a pain to clearcut as the bottom half of it is almost solid black.

At the moment I'm gonna look at organising an AKL/CNI meet somewhere after a cruise, get a tonne of cars together in some way...and from there, other cities can do the same for a revolving banner :)

The design I'm workin on so far...I'm not fond. Might scrap it and try again, lol.

What background do you have in mind if we take the photo? Empty car park?

Also, I reckon an 'alpine road' background would be awesome. perhaps an empty ski field car park? snow/mud. Embodies awd, which is something we ALL have in common, (apart from the miniority of RWD conversions)

I like that! ;D And there are plenty of members in an area that'll work.

I can montage alpine scenes (or Waitakere scenes!) into the background of a shoot that's just done in a plain, boring carpark. Remove any buildings, stick a row of ferns or something along the edge (lol), and throw the real background behind. This could/should/would change depending on the location of the shoot - as Deathz0r said we can make these revolve :)

Southern shot(s) being muddy/snowy would be made of so much win.

i actually like.....whos is it? the akl city night background....i reckon a panorama of that merged with some stuff from other places fading into black background at bottom with subbies on it would look good.

still like my idea of skytower/my taranaki/mt cook top panorama with various subs in chronological order on the bottom!

You could get away with that resolution in web Reubs...the site designs I'm working with atm are 1000px/1200px wide. But yeah those are defo 4:3 ratio pics. I'll come up with something I hope! ;D

Did just have a thought of having a group of Subies together with the mountains etc as a thin panorama (taken from a distance maybe?), with Possum's statue in the foreground watching over them proudly...

ODB: Whose which what? The S201? It's 'WRXRW' from Australia...unsure on the 22B. Pics are from ozcarsightings.com.

The problem with the possum statue is it's about 15 mins walk away from the road, you can't get cars anywhere near it.

Check out me sig though, tha's a good alpine shot :P

I've got some more pics to chuck out as ideas, but photobucket just went down, will have to wait till later.