Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HELP!! JUST BROUGHT A 94 GT WAGON AND HAVE 3000 TO SPEND

;D ;D Hi guys this my 1st post!!

im a big subaru fan and just brought a 94 gt wagon with front mount,bov,wrx seats,turbo timer and its manual

i have 3000 left over and have had varied opinions on what i should do too it!

1.sti injectors,fuel pump and change it to single turbo....would this fit in my budget??

just want to know what your guys opinions are that i should get.do to my car to get it going HARD...twin wastegates??? single turb conversion??? and what parts i need and what cost it is to install roughly...

if any one could help me it would be sweet!!!!

might even let ya have boost when everythings done hehe ;) ;) ;) ;)

look forward to your guys help thanks heapz!!!!

Guest boostcut
 94gtleg said:

;D ;D Hi guys this my 1st post!!

im only 15 but a big subaru fan and just brought a 94 gt wagon with front mount,bov,wrx seats,turbo timer and its manual

i have 3000 left over and have had varied opinions on what i should do too it!

1.sti injectors,fuel pump and change it to single turbo....would this fit in my budget??

how long will it take me to blow it up?

how much is a forged rebuild? one of my homies is a mechanic and recknz he can do a mean deal if i let him have a boooooooooooost!

just want to know what your guys opinions are that i should get.do to my car to get it going HARD...twin wastegates??? single turb conversion??? and what parts i need and what cost it is to install roughly...

if any one could help me it would be sweet!!!!

might even let ya have boost when everythings done hehe ;) ;) ;) ;)

look forward to your guys help thanks heapz!!!!

fixed for you mate

DRFVDR said:

or put it in the bank for when the engine goes bang because its been modded with no thought of longevity or has not been serviced completely :)

You not say how many K's its done

a cambelt service will eat into a 3rd of that

+1

Put it away for a rainy day, or give it a good going over with a service, so you know everything has been done, despite what the seller says.

I have never understood why people do single conversions on a WORKING engine??

Why not sell the leggy and use the cash plus 3k to get a wrx? No single conversion required ;D

Other than that, oil all round, cambelt, zero sports sequential controller and then bank the rest for the rebuild.

come on guys lol

im not 15 im 21.. :D

i just dont know much about cars and whats good to do with the money i got..i didnt join this to get shit but to make new friends/contacts that have better knowledge than me...

i appreciate the help but not the jokes or whatever

haha yea mate dont worry about the dicks on here that think they are gods gift to subarus, everyone starts somewhere and when I got my first subaru I was the same, didnt know anything and all my mates could say was "get a wastegate ow" and "turn up the boost bro"

If I were you and had three grand to spend I would give it a good service, and cambelt if its due, maybe upgrade the brake pads to a good brand and new brake fluid also, remember cars are not all about go go go, they have to stop to, and a well sorted braking setup will make it all the better to drive.

None of these things are going to make your car go quicker or anything like that but then guess whos going to be still driving and enjoying their car when all their mates cars are broken and at the mechanics......

94gtleg said:

come on guys lol

im not 15 im 21.. :D

i just dont know much about cars and whats good to do with the money i got..i didnt join this to get **** but to make new friends/contacts that have better knowledge than me...

i appreciate the help but not the jokes or whatever

Welcome

And dont worry about the jokes and piss taking, its part of being on a forum and a club, if you let them they will pull ya leg and half your arm too ;D

On a serious note Have you got a full service history?

If no FSH, do a complete service and if near the 100K mark do the cambelt.

Happy travels

hey

i to would do the cambelt full service including gear box all filters then look at brakes and suspension, zerosport controller, BOV, boost controller and boost gauge. but i would not recommend taking boost over 14psi as ecu will struggle to keep up.

this is my opinion

and start saving for a new engine.

Yes I did make a comment about buying a new engine and it will happen hopefully later than sooner

Your comments themselves started down that track

STi injectors are a waste of time and money at where u are at(also would involve an AFM change and an ECU change which wont run the TT system also leave the single turbo conversion until it NEEDS to be done)

U have not said about your exhaust,is it a turbo back/cat back or just a rear section

Turbo timer not really necassary....

They come factory with a very good top mount setup and intergral BOV :)

BUT as has been mentioned do a full service,including the cambelt/idlers/seals/waterpump/oilpump if there is no mention of it being done....

Also the clutch will set u back another 1000 depending on when it was last done ......

Any ways welcome to the club and glad u are here willing to learn :)

Oh and one Last thing DONT listen to your mates :) they will send u down the completely wrong track :)

hey guys

thanks for the input

yeah should of given more details sorry!!

its just had a full service and everything bout 2 months ago....it had a chick owner and she was pretty sweet didnt thrash it and it came with full service history and the cambelt was done roughly 3000 kz ago...the clutch was replaced in april and still feels good...it lags a bit but i really want to know what little things would make the pull really get ya in the back of your seat???

yes amateur i know lol but hey isnt it all about having fun driving your car?

the handling is good as with the adjusties and it has 18 inch white dtms with fairly new(80-90% tread) potenzas...so yeah guys i appreciate your help and advice...and look forward to more and also if anyone knows any good garages/mechanics on the north shore that would help greatly....and no im not a shore boy strictly westie hahaha

oh and it has a 2.5 inch str8 thru exhaust

1994legacyrs said:

I have never understood why people do single conversions on a WORKING engine??

Why not sell the leggy and use the cash plus 3k to get a wrx? No single conversion required ;D

Other than that, oil all round, cambelt, zero sports sequential controller and then bank the rest for the rebuild.

cause not everyone wants a wrx... try fit as much stuff in a wrx as to a legacy..... try fitting a single air bed in a wrx... simple reasons to why people do it....

on the other hand where abouts are you??