Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NOLTEC stuff on trademe??? Any good????

As per the title ;D

I am building/finnishing my club day coupe off and was looking at a few bits for the suspension when I saw these...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=261982675

My querry is, how does this product (NOLTEC) compare to whiteline and the likes?

Is it going to be suitable for track squirts?

scottiescottiescottie said:

sounds good... much cheaper than whiteline!!! any one else have any issues/recommendations?

you might be interested in this........

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general/80109-what-happened-noltec.html

and this.....

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/rm-performance/510205-introducing-whiteline-plus-suspension-chassis-tuning-products.html

It seems there has been some sort of merger between Whiteline, Noltec, and Nolathane...........correct me if I'm wrong

Guest boostin

From what I understand, Mr Nola (I can't remember his first name...) started up Nolathane making polyurethane suspension bushes to replace stock factory rubber bushes. He then sold this company on, then later started Noltec to continue on making polyurethane bushes, albeit in a different colour. Essentially Nolathane and Noltec are the same, as they are made by the same processes and R&D. Noltec though is usually available in different durometers (hardness).

Wow thanks... I am a little dubious still of the noltec brand, they say in their blurb on trademe that they are 25 percent softer than there competitors... Hardly a desirable trait for the track... Hmmm

They will still be WAAAAY better than crappy factory rubber bushes.

I have the Noltec adjustable rear arms on my race car (which I am guessing use the same bushes your link has above) and they do the job perfectly fine.

If you are that concerned dont bother with eurothane bushes, go straight to a pillowball/sperical bearing set up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at the adjustable rear arms that noltec make but I'm worried about unsprung weight increases???

Does the benifit of adjustibilit. Outweigh the increase in unsprung weight? They are over twice as heavy as the factory item.

As I said above, I have them on my race car and they are fine. I didnt notice any difference in regards to weight after installing them - in fact, I dropped my lap times even more (cant say it ws just because of these arms, but basically, installing these didnt make me slower ;))

If you are that concerned about increasing the unsprung weight in that area you may have to look into getting some chromolly arm$ cu$tom made with pillowball$... OR, but the Ikeya Formula rear arm set-up (big dollars there though).

They are 1.8 kilos per lower arm compared with .8 kilo for STD item... So that's 2 whole kilograms heavier per wheel... That's not insignificant???!!! Sure adjustibility is VERY important for a track car but that's a big unsprung weight increase...

Ok so don't listen to the guy that AFAIK is faster than most on here round Manfield...

1:14:00's i think (Tony will correct me.)

If you don't want to hear what guys have to say DONT ASK!!!

They are 1.8 kilos per lower arm compared with .8 kilo for STD item... So that's 2 whole kilograms heavier per wheel... That's not insignificant???!!! Sure adjustibility is VERY important for a track car but that's a big unsprung weight increase...

To me, that is insignificant! I am no professional or expert, so I couldnt tell the difference that the extra weight made on my car when I fitted the arms - but the adjustment I could get out of them was worth it (its hard to get decent camber in the rear of a GC as well as making toe adjustments far easier).

I understand where you are coming from, but you say your car is a "club" car, where to me it sounds like you are taking it a bit more serious than that level if you are worrying about 2 extra kgs per wheel in the rear of the car. Nothing wrong with that at all, but as I said, if you want the fancy (quality branded/custom) light bits, be prepared to pay the big money for them (just like a set of decent lightweight wheels).

Check this out for the Ikeya Formula arms: http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/index.html

Dude! Take a chill pill! Just because I ask more quetions does not mean I'm not listening! No need to be an arse about it...

All i am saying is you asked the question. And when you got an answer from the guy who won the Manfield winter series you decided to start a debate about it.

Bottom line.

His car is bloody fast, he runs them and says that the partial weight gain using them is offset by the adjustability that they provide.

Given the fact that you say your car is going to be used for club racing/Track sqiurts. I would say that your over thinking it.

How bout sticking it on the track and getting to know the car before you try to fit to many adjustable suspension components..

I didn't start a debate Bout it simply asking questions... Good call though re me over thinking it... I do need the adjustment if I'm going to get it handling well. Thanks to all for the information here :-)

I'm not trying to say Don't get them. But what i was trying to say was that too many guys get hung up on getting all the flash gear right off the bat before they have a handle on the car as standard.

Best advise is to get the car into a nice stable state and get out an race..

Guys like Tony are a great source of information and help for racing.

I know that Tony has helped my a lot with my Racecar car setup and racing lines/Racecraft.