Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2010 Calender ??????

Hailz

driftrex said:

yea Ray, i have to say as well the printing itself (not your efforts) is the problem. i have mine now and yea its just very bad quality printing. the pics make me dizzy they are quite fuzzy.

and for the record for next year, i would gladly pay twice the price for a high quality glossy full size club calender :)

+1 for next year.

I organise a social club at work for 70+ people (well that was before the three rounds of redundancies) and it sucks how people whine about things that have taken a lot of personal time to organise.

I am happy with the calender and appreciate the hard work it must have taken to organise, especially since the printer must have made a difficult job an absolute pain in the arse.

I suggest the name of the printing firm be named and shamed and not used again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
 Treecrusher said:

---snip---

I am happy with the calender and appreciate the hard work it must have taken to organise, especially since the printer must have made a difficult job an absolute pain in the arse.

---snip---

I'll hold you to that!

what also made it difficult was moving from CHCH to Invercargill, as they were late i wasnt able to pick them up and send them out my self...

• General Member
 RAYDEO - R RAYTD']

[quote name='the_return_of_the_jedi said:

ok becca :) ;D

/quote]

yeah im now understanding what she had to deal with...

and CHRIS Calender (v 1.0)

these guys put in the extra work and for all the grizzles the accolades seem to go unnoticed

I just found this thread... I apologize for the delay between me getting them and sending them out (a week), but hopefully they should all be arriving or arrived. They were all sent out on the same day.

agree with the picture quality, the guy at the shop said the same thing when I picked them up, said the files given to him were of poor quality? seemed like BS to me since I believe only high-res images were considered?

• General Member
 funkytown']

ok becca :) ;D

/quote]

yeah im now understanding what she had to deal with...

in no way is this a reflection on you Ray, nor was i implying that. so chin up big fulla. The printing itself and the firm who did it should wear it imo.

To all those that put in effort to create anything deserve a pat on the back

Got mine today, agree the printing is a little substandard but fully agree with Jons statement above.

Thanks for the effort Ray.

re

all i can saw is WOW...

i saw the calender last night at the Auckland meet and all i could say then was WOW...

i think the ones i did were $25 + postage but the difference in size and quality was huge, as some one who works in the print industry - i would have refused to pay for them if it was me!!

H8RS H8 said:

all i can saw is WOW...

i saw the calender last night at the Auckland meet and all i could say then was WOW...

i think the ones i did were $25 + postage but the difference in size and quality was huge, as some one who works in the print industry - i would have refused to pay for them if it was me!!

yea i most likely would have if i had seen it first, but owell...

is it worth setting up a group of people who genuinely want to do this for 2011 somewhat earlier than last year?

all decisions should be put out through the committee but worker bees get out and help get it done?

a couple of things i've picked up so far:

* People would rather pay a bit more next year for a bigger/sharper/quality calender

* We should close the process out by end of September and have them printing by early Nov

* we should never go back to that printer

lastly i reiterate that my comments are not pointed at the individuals who worked so hard at getting an output, The concept, effort, voting, photos were all a great idea. The end supplier i believe is the let down

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 H8RS H8']

bring back dane!

/quote]

how mature of you......................................................................

ermm and next time you tailgate me i will be slammin on my brakes ok? ever heard of the 2 second rule?

if not im sure you will love my towbar in your front kit ( and no i dont mean in a dodgy way OSCAR )