• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

CRAP truckers

newsuba

Guest lan_killa

that was only some trucks

The 8 wheelers with trailers... ie

truck-photos-nz-jan-07-048.jpg

were limited to 80kph, as this setup is generally used for logging, and the loggers when in the forests had no speed limits due to being on private property, so the speed limit for those was reduced to 80 as the guys liked to keep speeding when on the roads... where as other trucks were and still are allowed to do 90

funkytown']

[quote name='NotAWhiteGTB said:

I know iv posted this somewhere else before, but this is a semi decent crash a customer of ours had not long ago... :S

url=http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n221/anotherwhitegtb/DSmith/]DSmith Crane Hire Rollover[/url]

how the fuk did this happen..?

Truck went to fast for corner, braked in the corner, trailer jackknifed to hard that it almost spun 360 degrees on the back of the truck (which is why the cab isn't attached anymore, it was in the trailers path...)

Trucks go well in a straight line, but they tip quite nicely, and they jackknife even easier, especially if the trailer is ABS compatible and the truck isn't.

As a trucker my self i admit there are a fare few clowns out there.

Yesterday i came across a truck on it's roof literally i shit you not, company "Holcim" at the time (5am) i thought he had sand on but it turned out to be fertiliser, It was in the herald today. When i came across it it must of just happened because the wheels were still spinning, 2 highway patrol vehicles were on the scene as well as 2 other truckers. Im guessing the driver fell off to sleep because SH27 just before morrinsville turn off has some sleepy straights with slight bends you could happily do at 90km/h even at max weight, i can't see what else could of contributed to the roll over.

The transport industry is so so dodgy at the best of times, i know a lot of things that people do that could get them in the shit and as for Loggers i hate the cunts, they're about 42-47 tonne top heavy and they just absolutely fly around corners with there trailers swaying from side to side, im very surprised we don't hear more roll overs from them.

Fatigue (leading to driver era) is the real main contributing factor to accidents only second to load movements (loads not properly loaded evenly across deck, doubled stacked this is when it gets top heavy, and improper strapping.) if the load is insecure it moves and if it moves you get weight shifting from side to side this = roll over material.

There are some really professional drivers out there, but just like every thing else, there's a few rotten apples that need binning.

sharktale said:

There are some really professional drivers out there, but just like every thing else, there's a few rotten apples that need binning.

Agreed, Its the same for everything. As soon as human judgement is involved, everything is going to get pear shaped. The only problem we have is society still keeps idiots alive and running around in society. What ever happened to Darwin's theory of evolution and how do we increase the efficiency of this?

Hm it's like the idiot 16yr old that is still trying to pick fights with my staff, the last time he did the that the biggest guy in the place absolutely destroyed him as the kid randomly punched him at work...Thought that would be the end of that, but nope he has since come in twice trying to pick a fight. Funny part is this is during the evening when the nightfill guys are all in with their steelcaps and alike, you'd think he would of learnt the first time but nope apparently not. Who says nothing happens at The Warehouse haha, it's got to be one of the few places outside of town that u get to see brawls lol

When I was still in NZ i use to travel between Rotorua and Tokoroa for work each morning/arvo

Saw alot of "speed limited" trucks going well over the 90kmh limit.

The classic is the end of day race from tokoroa to rotorua. Guess a 600hp Argosy is the truckies boyracer car of choice.

D-Style said:

When I was still in NZ i use to travel between Rotorua and Tokoroa for work each morning/arvo

Saw alot of "speed limited" trucks going well over the 90kmh limit.

The classic is the end of day race from tokoroa to rotorua. Guess a 600hp Argosy is the truckies boyracer car of choice.

MMmmmmm... Argosy *wipes up drool patch*

Kinda have a soft spot for the Volvo FH16 (660hp from facto model) dragging a B-train curtainsider for courierpost.....that actually made me work for it in my Impreza coming back from Puhoi. Very quick up any hill, and a properly built Roadmaster trailer that allowed him to plough through corners as if he were driving a car.

That's all well and good at 1am when there's no one else but a mad Subaru driver on the road. It's when silly fools in badly-maintained, underpowered pieces of CRAP try and do it during the day that it's a problem :P

(Srsly, I was like WTF IS THAT A WRX TRUCK as I was having to wring it to at least 4k to keep up with the unit through the hills, and actually getting a bit of g-forces around corners keeping pace. Pull up beside the grinning truckie in Silverdale and it's a brand f**king new FH16. Suddenly it all made sense!)

A bitof topic,any truckie or someone who nos be able to tell me the average wage 4 trukkie thesedays ? Have the class 2 an considering getting H/T.

- Ben

Haha, i have a FH16 Globetrotter tho its the older first generation 520hp and with 1.4 million under her belt it fells more like 420hp haha but she gives the new tech trucks a good run, and with just a blown turbo 80k ago that's pretty good going.

I'd go American for out right power but euro for comfort and safety, i drove a mates aerodyne (Kenworth) from Auckland to Whakatane (and back again >:() and i was just ****ed at the end of the day, they don't call it the bone shaker for nothing! Volvo, Scania (Saab) are just the most comfortable vehicles to drive, you could go blasting down the motor way with the windows up and you would hear your breath echo, seats are on air, cabs on air, all cotrols are there at your finger tips and you've got a truck load of room, every things just perfect!

There was another accident this morning just before Rangiriri (waikato) heading south, this one claimed the drivers life.

Guest keltik

Went for a ride in a Globetrotter about 9 years ago, remember thinking it was the coolest truck ever :D

If you want to look badass tho, cant beat a mack with twin stacks.

Been a lot of hairy accidents lately, sad about the poor truckie in the most recent one :'(

Since I've yet to be in one of these big rigs, I just get to clearcut the f**kers all day... lurve the look of the Euro cabovers (mmmmm Scania) but the big Kenworths and Western Stars just look wicked! I'd love to actually hop in for a ride one day; far better perspective as to what exactly it is I'm working on all day :P

Heh heh heh, here we are, club sub website & yakking on about Globe masters,western stars, volvo, scania!

But yeh its the nite boys that are goin for it! Drove from Nelson to Hami then Roto Vegas one nite and my leggy was burbling along at 110-120 when I had this Truckie right up my ass and trying to overhaul me! Thats what happens when you get in the middle of the Turangi 500, where if you aint got atleast 500 horsies dont even bother. But some of those boys have a house on wheels. My mate was driving a Western Star that had been imported done up. It had a flat screen tv, microwave, toaster, huge bed, all in the sleeper cab!

lol on my way to waihi from auckland i was at a intersection in the middle of the country and coming from my right was sweet jack all for ages and from my left was a accord nd a while behind a truckie nd so i decided after the accord goes past me i shall go cause it was a HUGE gap nd i get onto the other side and guess who serves into my lane taking up half of it with a huge grin on their face a bloody linfox truckie i was like wtf i almost drove into a ditch for christ sake!!!