Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

help locating legacy owner - HOPEFULLY SORTED

driftrex

right so i sold my 94 S2 legacy back in january, and the car was registered in my mums name, mum got a letter today saying the new owner hadnt completed the selling/buying process and 'apparently' she is still liable so i need some help finding the bastard, im pretty pissed off as this is the 2nd car this year that someone has done this to me. what the hell is up with people not changing ownership? i make sure this is the first thing i do when buying a car.

the guy is from auckland and the plate is CRJ969 thats about all i know from memory.

i would like to find the owner so that i dont have to go deregister the car to avoid liability, i really dont see why its my responsibility to find the wanker as i passed on all his information on the form i sent in the day after sale took place. i have looked up the plate online just now and its definately still registered to my mum.

heres the trademe link with pics, unfortunately i dont have his number anymore or i would be hurling abuse at him lol

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=264635407

also does anyone know my rights here? can i just dereg the car as its in my mothers name still? i will ring ltsa on monday but just want 2 try sort this out asap.

thanks.

wrx_lou']

[quote name='sickmatesick said:

Change its rego to a 2 seater. He then gets pulled over and told off, having to change ownership to change it back. Or just deregister it.

/quote]

or you could stick the rego on hold?

still would be liable though thats the problem. my old lady aint happy.

ps, this is driftrex on qrafs computer lol.

Putting the rego on hold wont come back on you. I had a motorbike stolen and the LTSA wouldnt let me dereg it. apparently you have to put it on hold for a year and then you can deregister it. Youd probably have a hard time doing it withought the plates anyway,

newsuba said:

Tip:

Next time you sell a car get the new owner to change the ownership before you hand over the keys.

You can do it online now so there's no excuse for any delay.

yea i hear what you saying and next time i will, but i shouldnt have to do that though, i did my part, he didnt do his. i dont see how they can still leave it in my mums name when i have already given them the new owners details. they know who he is so why cant they ****en find him themselves.

but anyway, i will ring ltsa first thing monday, whatever happens theres no way im letting them keep it in my mums name, im sure they cant do that when we have done our part as a seller. it should no longer have anything to do with us, let alone mum be liable for anything done in the car.

Carbon said:

yip i did what i had to do, transfered it the next day into the new owners name, however ltsa wont take it out of my mums name until the new owner completes his obligations. which is dumb cause they have his details that i gave them, i dont have another copy of the guys address or anything, it was all on the form i posted.

the system is screwed up. the form i sent should be proof that my mum/me no longer own the vehicle. yet why is it still in mums name?

The system is screwed, the previous owner of a trailer i bought for my ski decided it was funny to re-register the trailer back into his name, i dunno how he can get away with doing this but if he does it again im gona leave it as is and do a few ram raids with it.

Im waiting for the change of owner ship to come thru the mail again, grab his name and make a few phone calls.

sharktale said:

The system is screwed, the previous owner of a trailer i bought for my ski decided it was funny to re-register the trailer back into his name, i dunno how he can get away with doing this but if he does it again im gona leave it as is and do a few ram raids with it.

Im waiting for the change of owner ship to come thru the mail again, grab his name and make a few phone calls.

that would sooo piss me off. thats worse than someone no taking ownership, thats almost like theft.

so i rang ltsa after work today, turns out theres nothing i can do to take my mums name off the ownership until the new owner completes things at his end, however the guy did say we arent liable for any overdue registration but are still liable for any fines incurred.

theres also no way i can dereg it cause i have admitted its been sold.

but went to post office afterwards and filled out an MR31 that gives me his full name and address which he had filled out on the form i sent in, so at least now i have some way of tracking him down.

So does anyone know LUKE PHILLIP WATERMAN? hes in STANMORE BAY, WHANGAPARAOA.

i will have a look through the white pages as well, but as hes a young guy, he may live with his parents or something, or just not have a landline.

any help appreciated :)

Ryan said:

Where abouts are you driftrex?

im in Hamilton, all sorted now hopefully, just rang the number wrx_lou pulled for me, talked to the guys mum cause he wasnt home, so hopefully she will make sure it gets changed.

ill be checking it at the post office again in a couple days though to make sure.