keeweechris

2007 Legacy GT B-spec 2.5L - Romraider Stage 1 base map?

I'm eyeing up a 2007 Legacy GT B-spec NZ-new, and wondering if anyone knows if there is a Stage 1 base map floating round which would boost performance by a bit? I've checked Romraider forums, but it's not clear.

Car is a 2.5L manual 6-speed, NZ New, so I guess ADM. Completely stock. Not sure about ECU ID or VIN or anything yet.

I had good success with a 2006 NZ-new 2.5L WRX, by reflashing with a stage1 map from the Romraider site, and it brought the car alive. Hoping I can do the same with the Legacy.

Thanks for any info.

You wont really know for sure without an ECUID first to see if it does match any US or Aussie vehicles.

Not a big fan of them in general though. Good for someone with some tuning abilities who can use it as a starting point and then refine it for their own car from there, but not so much if you plan on just flashing and leaving long term. 

Without constant monitoring you wouldn't know for sure whether a tune is fine for your car or not. You might find even the one for your WRX would learn a few parameters here and there to keep it safe.

Half the time remapping the e-throttle response is enough to make the car feel considerably quicker. 

Although we often bag on e-tunes there is a genuine market for them from people not wanting to spend 1k+ on a full dyno+street tune from a local shop.

For stock/near stock cars wanting a mild improvement in response and power they aren't a terrible idea if you use the right tuner and are considerably safer long term than a base map from romraider.