Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

We All Know Them

Ryry

ClubSub Mum said:

Hehe, other club sub members here in Welly stuck an sti sticker on our "other car" (commodore)..........

Its our joke here now are we bringing the wrx or the sti out to things lol.

Theres an Alteza and a primera here in Roto's with 'raliart' stickers lol makes me laugh.

Had some dumb kid from the "hood" aka linwood when I was working that way tell me how is bro's legacy is a wrx eater..... Asked him for times and he responded "nah bro he doesn't race for time slips, he races for respect" sigh when he looked at my engine the only thing he noticed was my cheap 2nd hand gfb BOV lol and was like "woah bro u got a BOV on there" ::)

loren']

[quote name='itsgotgo said:

Have heard a few,

Use a house vacuum cleaner as a turbo come supercharger....HOW THE FARK ARE YOU GOING TO RUN THAT WITHOUT 240V ::)

/quote]

an inverter will do it. easy to buy and install. 2000w needs a pretty big one though.

http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=MI5116&keywords=inverter&form=KEYWORD

actually a modified sine-wave inverter doesn't work well with an inductive load. need http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=MI5174&CATID=8&form=CAT&SUBCATID=680 at $1619 ;D

Guest loren
 kamineko']

Have heard a few,

Use a house vacuum cleaner as a turbo come supercharger....HOW THE FARK ARE YOU GOING TO RUN THAT WITHOUT 240V ::)

/quote]

an inverter will do it. easy to buy and install. 2000w needs a pretty big one though.

actually a modified sine-wave inverter doesn't work well with an inductive load. need http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=MI5174&CATID=8&form=CAT&SUBCATID=680 at $1619 ;D

what's the difference? looks like the inverter has decoupled input and output, and this

one doesn't???

How about people who ask if you have a blow off valve? My response:

"No Sh!t sherlock all turbo's need them"

"na man blow off valves make that cool noise"

"*sigh*

Most people only think a blow off valve makes the psssh noise and don't actually know it rids of pressure.

Same thing with people asking if I have a wastegate...

::) ::) ::)

Guest loren

like the insurance ad... that ad pisses me off so much. it's supposed to show they know

cars, but was obviously written by a retard.

goes something like this...

customer: my son just dropped a turbo in his 12A.

insurance: ooh with or without the blow off valve?

customer: umm, with the valve... wow you know your cars.

insurance: yeah I just dropped a bridge port 13B rotary in mine.

My exe's BF (now ex, thank god) kept asking me everytime i mentioned i was going to do something to the legacy "aww, why dont you just put a garrett on it bro?"

This is the same guy that reckoned he was going to put a 3.5" straight through exhaust on his SR20DE N/A because 2" was too restrictive.

The same guy that would tell my son that he used to "boy race" his MX6 in palmerston north and got "bored taking cash from evo and sti owners". Again, the same guy that reckoned he was going to throw some "nos" and "coilovers" at his p11 primera after he had pulled the engine and turboed it.

2 years later the thing is still stock, except for the tophats which he had to replace because he snapped a stud by over torquing a nut when installing a "sick as" $20TM strut brace. Of course when i told him it had snapped because he over torqued it he just stared at me blankly.

This is the same guy who is an absolute tool, and thankfully has no more influence over my children. ;D

RSB said:

My exe's BF (now ex, thank god) kept asking me everytime i mentioned i was going to do something to the legacy "aww, why dont you just put a garrett on it bro?"

This is the same guy that reckoned he was going to put a 3.5" straight through exhaust on his SR20DE N/A because 2" was too restrictive.

The same guy that would tell my son that he used to "boy race" his MX6 in palmerston north and got "bored taking cash from evo and sti owners". Again, the same guy that reckoned he was going to throw some "nos" and "coilovers" at his p11 primera after he had pulled the engine and turboed it.

2 years later the thing is still stock, except for the tophats which he had to replace because he snapped a stud by over torquing a nut when installing a "sick as" $20TM strut brace. Of course when i told him it had snapped because he over torqued it he just stared at me blankly.

This is the same guy who is an absolute tool, and thankfully has no more influence over my children. ;D

Im glad too!

Guest itsgotgo
 loren']

Have heard a few,

/quote]

what's the difference? looks like the inverter has decoupled input and output, and this

one doesn't???

Makes no difference at any price........he was still a cock for saying it pmsl ;D ;)

Workmate took her BMW 320i to her "mechanic" friend who told her runnin rough due to crap in the carbie.

Where's the carbie?

Under the injector manifold.

He also told her "it feels like it's got a little bit of turbo up around 4500rpm"

want to meet him just to kick his teeth in.

familyman said:

Workmate took her BMW 320i to her "mechanic" friend who told her runnin rough due to crap in the carbie.

Where's the carbie?

Under the injector manifold.

He also told her "it feels like it's got a little bit of turbo up around 4500rpm"

want to meet him just to kick his teeth in.

I think it's time to trim the herd if humanity has any hope of survival...

loren']

Have heard a few,

/quote]

one doesn't???

How about an Inventer, then use a VSD to run motor.

Or just use a DC motor.

Guest itsgotgo
 D-Style']

Have heard a few,

/quote]

one doesn't???

How about an Inventer, then use a VSD to run motor.

Or just use a DC motor.

Or how about just chuck it in the epic fail bin and go with culling the herd ha ha ;D

Guest keltik

This idea will only work if you modify one of those 12v car dustbusters for the turbocharging and modify your air con system for the intercooling. Then youll get maximum exhaust flow without a silly turbine in the way and your intercooler will be even colder than ambient temp!

I see no problems making 3,045,487kw atw in a SPEC C with this setup