Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN: White BG5B GTB wagon CHCH DFZ684

KwS

JoKer said:

not so much that - but there is only so much they can do

would you like them to go up in a chopper for 10 hours and scour every back yard for 300square KM in every direction?

general rant - I wouldn't wish what happened to you on anybody - but it is 'just' a car...

Wish they would get a damn chopper to find my skyline.... 8 months on, not a single thing

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when a cars stolen and ya call the cops on 111 the cars rego and details are put into a job and usually broadcast over the radio for the police cars to be aware that it is of interest and most likely stolen so they can keep a lookout for it etc and then depending on what area u live in the police will contact you to follow up and make an "official" report (doesnt mean that they arnt aware of it when just cause they dont have an official report) or they will get you to come into the station to make one..

Never had to file a report, only contact via phone that night, and a 'survey' to fill out about the car (asking for more info) about a month later. Thats it. According to carjam it is reported stolen.

Would a follow up call to the police be worth it?

Yip keep annoying them. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Cos other cops will hear about this annoying guy ringing up all the time about his stolen gtb and then its on peoples minds and more chance of finding it. Especially if its still being driven around

My brother in-law had his white GTB stolen in Christchurch a couple of years ago. The shell turned up 3 days later burnt out on a stolen trailer.

I doubt the car is still in one piece. Unfortunately just as many scumbags drive subbies as normal folk so there is no doubt a thriving black market for hot parts.

I always look sideways at people with old beaten up v1/2 wrxs that have full >v7 sti drive train upgrades (brembos, EJ207, 6 speed etc). I know some people do it legitimately, but it sure looks like a re-shelled stolen car. (I've noticed one recently getting around Chch that was for sale for well under what the parts would get individually on trademe)

Treecrusher said:

I always look sideways at people with old beaten up v1/2 wrxs that have full >v7 sti drive train upgrades (brembos, EJ207, 6 speed etc). I know some people do it legitimately, but it sure looks like a re-shelled stolen car. (I've noticed one recently getting around Chch that was for sale for well under what the parts would get individually on trademe)

interesting point - makes one feel rather worried about how such a car might be viewed

funkytown']

[quote name='Treecrusher said:

/quote]

interesting point - makes one feel rather worried about how such a car might be viewed

You can somehow tell the difference between cars that are owned by people that have worked hard to create something they enjoy and look after and cars that aren't. Perhaps one is owned by a car enthusiast and the other by a boy racer?

Thats why I used the term "beaten up", cars that aren't looked after but look like they must of had serious coin pumped into them. kind of like an "easy come, easy go" attitude or something. I don't know really maybe they are just drug dealers :D

dacerx said:

the phone they used was a 2 degree phone number so easy 2 dollar sim car, Sorry cuillin for the phone call i gave all the information to the police today about all the ppl that were watching the car on tm. i dont know why they called you to be honest, i just want them to find my car

dont worry bout it mate ma skyline got stolen 3 years ago and the cops didnt do a single thing even when i had told them who stole it and had the guys girlfriend telling them that he stole it also.

but thats rangiora cops for ya

cuillin']

[quote name='dacerx said:

the phone they used was a 2 degree phone number so easy 2 dollar sim car, Sorry cuillin for the phone call i gave all the information to the police today about all the ppl that were watching the car on tm. i dont know why they called you to be honest, i just want them to find my car

/quote]

dont worry bout it mate ma skyline got stolen 3 years ago and the cops didnt do a single thing even when i had told them who stole it and had the guys girlfriend telling them that he stole it also.

that disgusting... hope theres a lot more to this story...

cuillin said:

kinda similar to what happened to my mate. His skyline (Nismo R34, about 400+ hp) got stolen and the last time i talked to him, he told me the car is still in chch and still being used (i've seen it myself in chch after it was stolen) but with different license plates. He told the police about that and he still didn't get his car back.

B4 2000']

[quote name='Swindog said:

That when you go and get it back yourself.

/quote]

it's stolen by a known gang in chch (as what i've been told), so he's scared of doing that

police would act on that info...they hate the gangs way more than joe public..

dubbedup']

[quote name='Swindog said:

That when you go and get it back yourself.

/quote]

it's stolen by a known gang in chch (as what i've been told), so he's scared of doing that

police would act on that info...they hate the gangs way more than joe public..

agree with dubbedup.. theres usually more to the story as opposed to the police failing to go get the car back..