• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN: White BG5B GTB wagon CHCH DFZ684

KwS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the phone they used was a 2 degree phone number so easy 2 dollar sim car, Sorry cuillin for the phone call i gave all the information to the police today about all the ppl that were watching the car on tm. i dont know why they called you to be honest, i just want them to find my car

they said and i quote "because 2degrees is a new network we are not aware of the technology that they use and would not be able to track the phone." at this point i was yelling at him telling him that its the same tech as vodafone and that it is bullshit, there answer was " its not like in the movies sir. again i was ready to scream and have just taken out my screaming on the rowers going past my house shouting "row, row" it was quite colourful

• General Member
 cuillin said:

Sorry to hear about your car man the police are really onto it

Just Had the cops calling me up accusing me of stealing it Just cos i asked a question on trade me about the car WTF

Fair enough making inquires but blatantly calling you a thief is ridiculous

I'm glad they called you - means the ARE trying all leads...

$2 is cheeper than tracing ya rego...

i know its just all bullshit, well i doubt that the police will ever get back to me or that i will see it again or and the best thing about the whole experience is that after calling the police last night and reporting it stolen, i went into do my formal statement and they told me that it wasnt reported stolen. glade to see that my tax dollars are at work employing morons

Must be frustrating. I hear you got an offer on it that night and was probably going to accept - that would break your balls bro... Glad I got to drive it, was a nice car mate. Pity it's no longer. Stolen to order perhaps?

EDIT: Now I have to find another car to buy!

yeah that definitely sucks man. sorry to hear about it. i'll keep my eyes open, but i doubt they'll be driving it around chch, sounds like they had a plan. good luck with the cops.

by the way- did they drive to the meeting??

dacerx said:

they said and i quote "because 2degrees is a new network we are not aware of the technology that they use and would not be able to track the phone." at this point i was yelling at him telling him that its the same tech as vodafone and that it is bull****, there answer was " its not like in the movies sir. again i was ready to scream and have just taken out my screaming on the rowers going past my house shouting "row, row" it was quite colourful

I bet if it was a hooker floating down the Avon they could trace it.........Actually probably not, this is the Chch police we are talking about ;D

Surprised you didnt have it insured tbh, especially after all the stolen cars in CHCH lately, including my skyline.

Jake the muss has a valid point though, where/how did they meet you? Surely they turned up in some form of transportation?

that sucks bro i fucking hate car theives theyre all a bunch of gutless pricks. i hoep you get it back in one piece...

unfortunately i know for a fact that tracking the phone is out of the question.. pretty difficult thing for the police to arrange and it wouldn't fit the life or death criteria that they need to organise it.. it defo aint like in the movies and would only give a rough location and requires the phone to be connected to someone else as in making a phone call .. then the cell company has to manually do the calculations and shit to get a triangulation from the 3 closest cell towers.. sucks really that there aint a simple way like in the movies cause then so many pricks like this this car theif and far worse would be in jail by now.... :/

friedd0g said:

that sucks bro i ****ing hate car theives theyre all a bunch of gutless pricks. i hoep you get it back in one piece...

unfortunately i know for a fact that tracking the phone is out of the question.. pretty difficult thing for the police to arrange and it wouldn't fit the life or death criteria that they need to organise it.. it defo aint like in the movies and would only give a rough location and requires the phone to be connected to someone else as in making a phone call .. then the cell company has to manually do the calculations and **** to get a triangulation from the 3 closest cell towers.. sucks really that there aint a simple way like in the movies cause then so many pricks like this this car theif and far worse would be in jail by now.... :/

But couldn't he just get the phone number and then try and sucker the guy in to a meeting? (we're calling about the competition you entered, it seems you have won....congratulations you will need to come in and claim your prize.)

Fact that you have seen their faces and Christchurch is a small town means you are bound to find them at some stage.

• General Member

Crims can be smarted than us sometimes - they will have ditched the simcard

they know all the tricks and we are usually last to find out (like how easy it really is to enter a Subaru without a key)

JoKer said:

like how easy it really is to enter a Subaru without a key

Hence the reason I remove the locks from my doors. In all the GTB's I've owned I've put back door handles in the front doors.

Thats not going to stop some w**ker from stealing from under your nose though......only thing for that is a .44 magnum. 8)

yeah and its been 2 days and no word from the cops, and im guessing that they never will. Im guessing they just see me as a boy racer. young male with a fast modified subaru little shit is getting what is coming to them

• General Member

not so much that - but there is only so much they can do

would you like them to go up in a chopper for 10 hours and scour every back yard for 300square KM in every direction?

general rant - I wouldn't wish what happened to you on anybody - but it is 'just' a car...

im just mostly annoyed at the fact that they didnt report it stolen when i called, and yes its a car but when i was needing to sell this car to pay off bills then its kinda shit, i understand what u are u saying but yeah