Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

track car, thoughts??

huff3r said:

You could always try a BMW, then you can get serious for cheap. Mines cost me $6-7k so far, and is about $2k away (wheels, tyres, transponder) from entering the BMW E30 race series. And there are plenty of ready-built ones available. It's the largest one-make series in NZ and certainly looks exciting, I know I can't wait to be in it!!

Great idea that. The E30 series looks like great fun and huge fields!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about getting a 250cc shifter kart?? be faster than anything you got your mind on....

No?.. then yeah try the likes of a Honda. Or if you want turbo, V2 WRX RA.

dont forget a R32 GTsT or VR4 as theres alot of these around for cheap.

If you havnt done much track work before, start out simple and get laps in to improve your driving. Then go from there......

Guest boostcut
 subiesti said:

by the way how much u selling ur bike 4. i want to buy a bike in the future so need to get my learners but 250s are too slow on hills unless i get a ****ty 2stroke. 8)

250s arnt slow on hills. its how you ride it. a two stroke would be harder again to ride up a hill.

Guest boostcut

h22 are junk. b18c with b16a head. or a b20b out of crv with b16a head...

ek civic hatch, molly cage, big brakes, and a beer crate to sit on. good to go.

so everyone seems to say honda is the go,

it's gonna be just a toy to do track days and the like, not going to enter any competitive series (well not at this point)

D-Style']

If you havnt done much track work before, start out simple and get laps in to improve your driving. Then go from there......

i think that's what will happen, just buy a car strip it and cage it then go from there.

[quote name='subiesti said:

by the way how much u selling ur bike 4. i want to buy a bike in the future so need to get my learners but 250s are too slow on hills unless i get a ****ty 2stroke. 8)

$10500

boostcut said:

mates ef was beating all the type R's at manfield and another mates eg sedan with b18cr had no show so wouldnt say there junk

G-unit']

[quote name='boostcut said:

/quote]

mates ef was beating all the type R's at manfield and another mates eg sedan with b18cr had no show so wouldnt say there junk

can you post the TM link?

heres the link to his build thread and price. dunno if hes guna relist it.

http://nzhondas.com/forum/vehicle-exchange/108394-ef-civic-si-h22a-option-4490ono-less-s-slick-coilovers.html

B4 2000']

/quote]

can you post the TM link?

G-unit']

/quote]

Seems like he runs semi slicks.

Were they on the same rubber? If not no wonder he was beating them if they were on street rubber

reading the EF 2.2 build and it seems epic. Guy is a fucking DIY legend

hondas are very fast for the money u can get one for, but isnt getting a track car about having fun? just buy what ever u think u will have the most fun in, regaurdless of how fast it is.

Koom said:

Honda will be quick, easy to maintain (keep lots of spare oil on hand for a trackday ;) ) and pretty reliable for that sort of money ;)

Subaru would be able to be developed further down the track but I'd put money on dollar for dollar the Honda being a much better trackcar when spending under 15k.

+1 million, as in the Pm I replied the money to get mine caged alone and ready for the track has been exceptional. Development down the path is definitely open however I've spent more then what it would cost to strip a honda/cage it and go racing........ And I haven't even started testing yet lol

HE was running the semi slicks, unsure if the other cars were or not but he was defently beating sti, evos, type R's, egs with b18cr too. very awsome little track. have driven this many times. we will be at the manfeild track day 23rd of may if you are intrested in a look.

ODB']

/quote]

Seems like he runs semi slicks.

Were they on the same rubber? If not no wonder he was beating them if they were on street rubber

reading the EF 2.2 build and it seems epic. Guy is a ****ing DIY legend

Get a 3 series BMW, dye your hair, frost ya pubes, get a flat peak cap, pick up some shore girls and away ya go.

328's are getting cheap for highish K's

older 325's are also a good starting point.

If developing a car is half the fun, then selling it for a massive loss is a bonus.

Search the comp cars on TM, sort by dollars so you don't get too tempted and see what other people have done, there is plenty of mint stuff available for 12-15k that you could surely bargain them down on (because the market for such cars is so small they have to move on all interested parties).

Best advice is to let some other person take the financial hit so you start with a better base.

TURTLE said:

Search the comp cars on TM, sort by dollars so you don't get too tempted and see what other people have done, there is plenty of mint stuff available for 12-15k that you could surely bargain them down on (because the market for such cars is so small they have to move on all interested parties).

Best advice is to let some other person take the financial hit so you start with a better base.

+1 agree

+2, saw an awesome wrx track car that was available. Was a damn good steal, and came with everything I already wanted like brembos, 6 speed with a spare box, slicks, spare wheels, diffs, axels etc. If i hadn't at that point started caging my car I would've sold up and bought that wrx.

Guest boostcut

i have just bourght a 1998 nissan pulsar n1 for another track car for 3k. all im going to do is the endurance series with some guys off here, im budgeting on 6-7k on the track. i think thats a pretty cheap way to go considering its the most powerful 1.6 production engine ever built.

my mate is selling his civic and it sorta has lot's of goodies (a turbo B16 with forged internal, unsure of what turbo it has but will go check it now, engine was fully rebuilt before converting to turbo, adjustables, 4-1 extractors, turbo back exhaust, front brace, front mount, etc)

will it be a good starting point, as thinking of buying it and if the engine goes bang then just replace it with a B18

n648966076_1678046_4590.jpg

Join up to nzhondas, those guys know their honda's and will be able to recommend something mint or even better. Probably a member on there that is trying to sell their comp car on there, some very very tidy and fucking annoyinly fast on the track cars haha