Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NOT THIS SH!T AGAIN. My Impreza broken into

Shale

Makes sense when thats the only way they are accessing the car.

You can make them pretty. Powder coat them to the paint colour and powder coat the padlock bodies.

Or stick one of those GPS units in that are for sale on here. They use a fuel cut too. If you can stick the car on your back lawn, do it. Or bolt a bollard in your drive, get some security chain (which is 99% boltcutter proof) and chain the car up.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big_Dave said:

do you wanna borrow tess???

OMFG I'd keep that dog if I could!! Luffs her so. <3

Swin - GPS units...that's on the wishlist for sure. And I've parked the car in the back yard for lulz before...before mum stuck tomatoes in the way :-\ Come summer, when it's not a slush pit, I think I'll do exactly that. What you can't see can't tempt you. :D (And I can park the Legacy in front of the only way out...good luck moving that fat b!tch)

For example, parking In a domestic garage at night Is safer by a

factor of 20 thanparking in a driveway or other private place, and safer by

afactor of 50 thanparking in the street near home. (This underlines the need

for more garage and off-street parktng, and suggests that people with

garages should be encouraged to use them whenever possible.

From here:

http://www.popcenter.org/library/crimeprevention/volume_03/03_clarke.pdf

This is by a factor of 20 ie 20 times less likely to be stolen.

You do the math. your claim that being in a garage would have made no difference is pretty foolish, at best.

Hire a unit for the old furniture of get rid of it and put your car in the garage where it is meant to be!!!

Swamp like Shrek ftw ;D Underground garage would be the most awesome thing ever.

Small update... detective came by, but it was too wet and the prints (if any) were just smudges. Wet weather and wind = fail. So I broke into my own car.

Protip: if you're a noob, the coathanger trick will hurt your brain and your pride. Go for physical pain and shove your hand up through the bumper grille ;D (Yes my fingers are SO short I couldn't reach the cable through the headlight grille)

Found the sneaky fuggers had just yanked the red terminal off the battery. Put it back on and BLIP...car comes back to life :)

So far no damage. They appear to have been very careful. No scratches that I can see...just the cut seal. Can't understand why they did it though, given my method, while painful, is far easier.

I'm going to pop down to my local wrecker to get the seal replaced. There's a big gaping hole in the poor sod's nose right now. ;D

Lol ill ask Keasty...doubt itll be refridgerated.

Kart club here was broken into. Just went and got some bolt cutter proof and grinder proof chain for the main gate. Be easier to remove the strainer post now.

So they looking at a container for our valuables. Quote came back as $1500.

I dare say thatll be a 20fter

I'd guess so to. Was hypothesising a while ago about building a house from a bunch of them although a buried garage or storage unit from one would be better than an entire house.

p.s. I don't really need one. But $1500 doesn't sound too bad.

Im pretty sure I have seen a full luxury house being built from one on Grand Designs tv show one time.

There is a company in nz that does batches out of them too, so it is pretty common.

we are getting pretty OT now. How did we digress onto garages....oh yeah another retarded, throw away comment from Shale this time about how garages have no effect on your car getting nicked.

Still.....theives need their bollocks chopped off.

Yeah I seen a few houses made from them on the net and driven past one in Wellington.

Had this stupid idea to buy a plot of land on a hillside, then plant a bunch of containers in such a way so that it looked like they'd fallen over and tumbled down the hill. But then I decided that it would be like living in that crazy house place thing in Wanaka.

Knew a guy in Blenheim who's alarm on His Cortina (it is blenheim) was hooked up to fuel pump and only way activated was that useless third button on his remote.

Push main button to gain entry, then third button to turn on pump and then had to sound horn while turning ignition to start. Very comprehensive.

familyman said:

Knew a guy in Blenheim who's alarm on His Cortina (it is blenheim) was hooked up to fuel pump and only way activated was that useless third button on his remote.

Push main button to gain entry, then third button to turn on pump and then had to sound horn while turning ignition to start. Very comprehensive.

That could get very annoying, I'm sure another button or switch would suffice.

It does mean if someone is taking the car they have to make alot of noise though lol.

99GTB']

[quote name='familyman said:

Push main button to gain entry, then third button to turn on pump and then b]had to sound horn[/b] while turning ignition to start. Very comprehensive.

That could get very annoying, I'm sure another button or switch would suffice.

It does mean if someone is taking the car they have to make alot of noise though lol.

That was the idea. It was parked outside his bedroom window so if it was gonna go, he would be woken up by it. But yes a hidden switch wouldve worked too.

ODB- it's Blenheim. Cortinas are still the bizzo there and it did have a 302 in it. They still sell up there for around $8k for a MK IV.

Timmah said:

That's really unlucky to hear man, hope the damage isn't too serious :-[

you realise that Shale is a chick dont you?

Next time she gets embarassed she will prob say something like "I have boobs!" to divert our attention from her getting owned again. This will show you jonny-come-latelys that she is in fact, female.

Shale said:

Swindog - Hahaha pretty much. There was a bang that woke my sister and I up as the alarm went off...we're assuming that was the bonnet going back down.

So probably saved by a 'bonnet ajar' sensor/switch? I'm now doubly glad I have one of those in mine :-\

Timmah said:

That's really unlucky to hear man, hope the damage isn't too serious :-[

Ignore the retard below ya, he's ffffffffpethul. :D

As for damage...thank god so far I've only seen two ripped seals (which Strong replaced for free just now...these guys are seriously AWESOME).

Rob - be glad, be VERY glad. I'm going to invest in one of these as I don't have one yet (wtf I know) - it was the sirens getting their power source cut as the muppets lifted the positive terminal off the battery. <3333 battery backup sirens.

Shale']

[quote name='Timmah said:

That's really unlucky to hear man, hope the damage isn't too serious :-

As for damage...thank god so far I've only seen two ripped seals (which Strong replaced for free just now...these guys are seriously AWESOME).

Rob - be glad, be VERY glad. I'm going to invest in one of these as I don't have one yet (wtf I know) - it was the sirens getting their power source cut as the muppets lifted the positive terminal off the battery. <3333 battery backup sirens.

lol, should relocate the battery to the boot to stop them doing this again once you get the bonnet alarm sorted

MercuryFree']

[quote name='Timmah said:

That's really unlucky to hear man, hope the damage isn't too serious :-

lol, should relocate the battery to the boot to stop them doing this again once you get the bonnet alarm sorted

Not that an Impreza boot is very large... but hmmm. Small fire extinguisher + tiny sub box + battery in boot?

Love the way you guys actually think outside the box ;D

hating to state the obvious.. but go climb in the back seat... go look under the bonnet.. none of them places "is very large". It shouldnt be a surprise the boot is also on the lean side. dont be whinging about a car being small when you knowingly bought a small car ::)

As for battery in the boot - been done by many plenty of times..

relocating the battery only takes up a small space anywho...

(admitidly is mostly the turbo guys doing it for gain more room in the engine bay.) but will hinder the nobs further from stealing ya car.

Basically yeah. Different reasons same outcome, can't hurt.

And me whining about boot space is a female thing. Sorry, I'm not a complete bloke yet :D I know the back seat is small, I get put there a fair bit. That's not the point mister :P If I had a handbag I'd whinge about there being no space to put it up front too.