Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

So how would one go about making a NA legacy a bit quicker?

cpt kernow

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I did to my NA '84 Leone RX and it was loud but it made a fair difference

from the head,use the stock manifolding (already had a tight 90 degree bend there) about 100mm from the bend ramped up to 50mm pipe ran both sides down to just behind the gearbox ( passenger side crossed over behind sump and then parralled the other one) then a 2 into one and a resonator(65mm) then 65 mm to the rear resonator(no muffling but this was 15 years ago so meh) 3 things i noticed 1/revved better 2/was farking loud 3/would pop,crackle,backfire and blow flames out of the exhaust under deceleration :) but it sounds so so so sweet :)

If only I could, would be so awesome, but it's a work car. If it were down to me I'd be driving a caged mini, rally specced, and dressed up in the company colours. But I've gotta wait a couple of years before I can swing that through the family business.

But in the mean time, the legacy is the best 'office' Ive had yet. :)

cpt kernow said:

If only I could, would be so awesome, but it's a work car. If it were down to me I'd be driving a caged mini, rally specced, and dressed up in the company colours. But I've gotta wait a couple of years before I can swing that through the family business.

But in the mean time, the legacy is the best 'office' Ive had yet. :)

Really? That would be a pain in the ass if you just wanted to pop out for a job... For something round town, can't go too wrong with a legacy or camry tbh... or an LS600, A8, M5 or S-Class if you can afford it.

cpt kernow said:

K,

So I went and got myself a 2002 TS-R for work. Didn't want a turbo as the extra 1.2l/100k adds up pretty quick when you clock 65,000k's a year.

But how could I make it a little perkier or more powerful?

Just seems a little weak on the hills, but everwhere else is fine.

Any luck so far? I also have a BH TS-R.... ;D

Well ( as read in other thread) I checked and adjusted the TPS. When pulling away I'd have to depress the pedal about 5mm before the car had power and when lifting the foot off the pedal it would judder a bit.

With the tps in the correct ballpark, the thing pulls away much better, almost no gas for lift off, and the torque is much better through the range. Drives alot more like twincam now. For example it's not that hard to hit 100 on the Northbound on-ramp of Oteha valley, where-as before I'd only get to 90ish. Much more drivable, Not powerful, but smooth.

Got the foz back off the wife the other day and scared the crap outa myself lol,

Not neccessarily,

I mean more efficiency.

The hunting around the car and checking for factory settings proved that I can make it more drive-able.

Also Two tanks last week were 7.6l/100km and 7.8l, or to put it another way it gets 150km further on the same gas as the foz does. And when I do 2 1/2 tanks a week it soon adds up.

Plus I can now run on 95.

Ps the v-power from shell knocks about 40k's off a tank compared to caltex.

Looking back I spent $15000 on fuel last year, this hopefully 12

edit - -

Undid the Snorkel-ectomy. Sounding like a big-bore primera wasn't my goal and soon wore thin

nnnnnnnnnwnwnnwnwnnnnnnnnnnwBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA was kinda irritating. I guess it was the resonant frequency of the system, Tried extending the intake but just moved the note up the rev band and made it deeper.

Back to sounding like a stock honda now.

It annoyed me so much I was under my car in the rain at 7am this morning fitting it back

cpt kernow said:

Not neccessarily,

I mean more efficiency.

The hunting around the car and checking for factory settings proved that I can make it more drive-able.

Also Two tanks last week were 7.6l/100km and 7.8l, or to put it another way it gets 150km further on the same gas as the foz does. And when I do 2 1/2 tanks a week it soon adds up.

Damn, on my last trip to dunedin my ts-r used at least 10l/100km! (on Shell v power and 95 from BP).

Pretty disappointing, wasn't driving with economy in mind though...

Ouch!! my 03 BH GTB gets approx 520kph on 52lts of 98... basically $99 worth coz dumb gas stations won't prepay any more than that!! This isn't highway driving either.. live in Sth Auckland and work in the city, but i don't give it stink all the time either... I would imagine an easy 600km + on a trip..

Flat4']

[quote name='cpt kernow said:

Not neccessarily,

I mean more efficiency.

b]Also Two tanks last week were 7.6l/100km and 7.8l[/b], or to put it another way it gets 150km further on the same gas as the foz does. And when I do 2 1/2 tanks a week it soon adds up.

Damn, on my last trip to dunedin my ts-r used at least 10l/100km! (on Shell v power and 95 from BP).

Pretty disappointing, wasn't driving with economy in mind though...

I'd give it a service

Guest loren
 boostin']

[quote name='cpt kernow said:

Or get an impreza?

/quote]

But they're not real cars. :P

You mean they are unreal, because they are far superior to legacys?