• Raised $0.00

should i buy brembos?

DacerX

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funkytown said:

the very latest BP/BL have 330mm rotors factory San, if thats what you mean.

so you can bolt brembos straight on.

think they the same mm as the 4pots

SPANKU said:

the B4 has a larger brakes already that we learn the other day doing scott's GTB

think vivs still running 2 pots on his ralley car and still going strong

Yeah I am still running 2 pots and even though the cars a fat whale (over 1500kgs in race trim with spare tyres and 2 crew), I am yet to find the limits of the brakes, however maybe I am a pussy?

Munkvy']

[quote name='SPANKU said:

the B4 has a larger brakes already that we learn the other day doing scott's GTB

/quote]

Yeah I am still running 2 pots and even though the cars a fat whale (over 1500kgs in race trim with spare tyres and 2 crew), I am yet to find the limits of the brakes, however maybe I am a pussy?

yeah you're a pussy, and your car never goes for long enough to over heat the brakes :)

D-Style']

[quote name='loren said:

I'd much rather have some nice black wilwood calipers... gold is for jewelery.

/quote]

Wilwood capliers are alot cheaper to buy than brembos. Just geting them to fit is the pain (custom brackets)

They're not the most reliable calipers though. They tend to warp a bit and ovalise the holes that the pistons sit in. Although the ones I've seen this on are on proper race cars with quite alot of weight to haul up (i.e. V8 taxi class).

They had 30mm wide 330mm rotors so were probably about as big as you'd fit in their 17" wheels. Not sure on the spec of the calipers though, may have been the weeny ones as they did need spacers to fit around the rotors. They're upgrading to complete Performance Friction setups this year. Was sifting through a box this afternoon full of nice new monoblock calipers, rotors, brackets etc that was worth about 4 times as much as my car. I was quite jealous.

Koom']

[quote name='loren said:

I'd much rather have some nice black wilwood calipers... gold is for jewelery.

/quote]

Wilwood capliers are alot cheaper to buy than brembos. Just geting them to fit is the pain (custom brackets)

They're not the most reliable calipers though. They tend to warp a bit and ovalise the holes that the pistons sit in. Although the ones I've seen this on are on proper race cars with quite alot of weight to haul up (i.e. V8 taxi class).

Only problem ive come across with the all the wilwoods ive used was one set we brought new (for Evo 3 rally car) was that the bolt holes that hold the caplier together was about 1mm to short, which cause the bolts to bottm out which in-turn cause A very very very small gap between the 2 peices of the caliper. So we couldnt hold the full amount of pressure during braking. Easy fix once we found out what it was.

But as i say, i get wilwoods very cheap new, and they have a hell alot of options.

But to OP if you have money, get brembos, if not 4pots. Atfer you have already done pads/fuild and/or braided lines (IMO this is a very noticable upgrade)

Munkvy']

[quote name='SPANKU said:

/quote]

+1 with me..

newsuba']

[quote name='loren said:

the right pads and fluid will take care of it... no need for braided lines or new booster.

/quote]

Best advice so far.

+1 i have factory 4 pot and 2pots and did upgraded front pads with high temp fluid and around hamptons pushing it pretty hard i didnt get brake fade at all

I've got brembos and I recon the most important thing is pads/rotors/fluid unless you're building something pretty hardout.

Having said that, Brembos look awesome.

Just to compare: the BMW M3 had 1-pots as standard and that car's a beast!

id consider blingbos but currently it wouldnt be of any use i dont get brake fade any more since i put high tempfluid/pads in, this was of course after i boiled my brake fluid one track day and had nothing in the back straight doing over 140clicks now its sweet and im only running 2pot fronts lol

rebeltrousers said:

I've got brembos and I recon the most important thing is pads/rotors/fluid unless you're building something pretty hardout.

A brake setup that was widely criticized when bench marked on a track.

BC5RA']

[quote name='rebeltrousers said:

/quote]

haha was wondering when you would come to play!

BC5RA']

[quote name='rebeltrousers said:

/quote]

We even got the new e92 m3 brakes to fade, wern't even going that fast