• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

should i buy brembos?

DacerX

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude if u can afford it then just get the brembos man.. u will always kick urself thinking i should have when i had the chance....

they look super good and work hard so u not losing anything..

and gaining on both show and go fronts.. not too many products have the effect of brembos on most subiez

pappu said:

dude if u can afford it then just get the brembos man.. u will always kick urself thinking i should have when i had the chance....

they look super good and work hard so u not losing anything..

and gaining on both show and go fronts.. not too many products have the effect of brembos on most subiez

yeah they are hard to come by very hard to get

zarnah']

[quote name='ODB said:

depending on the application i suppose.

have you seen those rotors with like.....spikes over the top...????

They arent smooth circles apparently they generate airflow and thus cooling.

/quote]

you mean like wave rotors like on dirtbikes?

yeah i guess.

hard to describe. They are just rotors that have big points instead of a smooth curve on the edge.

Havent actually seen em in the flesh only in publications out of europe.

sultan']

slightly off topic but on a similar note - a slotted vs standard rotor. is it worth the extra expense? (assuming both are coupled with good pads and fluid)

No.

[quote name='ODB said:

from my understanding it was to create some ambient air flow.

This is just from memory.

I wondered about the inherant strength of them.

There are so many different approaches to vane shapes (plus inner rotor designs) and different theories as to what they actually do that it's more a fashion wank than anything.

just saying, had to replace the front rotors on my v8 (brembo equiped) recently.

through racebrakes with mates rates $700 for slotted ones (fronts only)

old ones were warped to the point of noticing the shudder under brakes at anything over 70km

:-\

but they look even better now with blingbos and slotted rotors ;)

wheels to clear. go for Prodrive

And to compare to that - I paid under $100 for a pair of front rotors for my 2 pots and $450 for proper race pads and Elf fluid. And got a complete spare setup of front rotors and calipers with brake lines for $50 second hand.

I know what works better for me.

And the best part is I can still use my little factory rims without issue so have access to cheaper semi slicks due to running small rims. After all, big rims don't make you go faster.

But hey, this is all my opinion, and if your into Subarus just for the bling you probably won't get along that well with me anyway.

It's not 'just for the bling' Viv, most here do enjoy looking at their pride and joy though, and tbh brembos are one of the more tasteful additions you can do. If I was doing a proper rally/race car on a limited amount of funds, your way would definitely be the way to go. But aesthetics are important. People pay a lot and spend a lot of time to have something look nice - it's really no different on street cars.

Munkvy said:

And to compare to that - I paid under $100 for a pair of front rotors for my 2 pots and $450 for proper race pads and Elf fluid. And got a complete spare setup of front rotors and calipers with brake lines for $50 second hand.

I know what works better for me.

And the best part is I can still use my little factory rims without issue so have access to cheaper semi slicks due to running small rims. After all, big rims don't make you go faster.

But hey, this is all my opinion, and if your into Subarus just for the bling you probably won't get along that well with me anyway.

i like my bling on subaru bro... you dont love me anymore? :(

well i have plans with my car and want it to look good at the same time as well as go fast and handling

at the end of the day people do what ever what they want with their money, their car their own taste.

if brembo is so crap subaru would still keep the BC5 brakes and with vf10 turbo in all their newer cars

Guest boostcut

no, subaru dont do alot for performance... performance doesnt sell cars to old men.

its how they look. have you seen the brakes on a dodge ram? theyre a 4 piston caliper, with 3 on the front and one on the back. stupid huh? they did that to look good with the chrome hubcap covers they fit.

SPANKU']

[quote name='Munkvy said:

But hey, this is all my opinion, and b]if your into Subarus just for the bling[/b] you probably won't get along that well with me anyway.

i like my bling on subaru bro... you dont love me anymore? :(

well i have plans with my car and want it to look good at the same time as well as go fast and handling

at the end of the day people do what ever what they want with their money, their car their own taste.

if brembo is so crap subaru would still keep the BC5 brakes and with vf10 turbo in all their newer cars

Seems like people missed the key words I said about bling. I said "if your into Subarus just for the bling..." I know most people want something that does a bit of everything. But the original topic seemed to be more about whether the performance upgrade was worth it. And I am saying its not, you could spend your money in alot of better ways.

San - I love you regardless.

Koom']

[quote name='aim said:

and tbh brembos are one of the more tasteful additions you can do.

/quote]

Oversized and Gold in colour doesn't usually compare to tasteful?

Still, I'd put them on and paint them black.

Thats what i was planing to do!