Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Submission for MOD's

Please post up nominations for people who you think will make a good mod.

The person nominated must accept.

No voting is allowed at this stage.

One submission per user.. so we dont get half the memberlist posted up - and makes you think carefully

EDIT

----------------------------------------------------------

mods are

globa modsl - Committee and admin positions (not up for voting here), but can mod everywhere

Technical mods (to moderate technical areas)

Area Reps (decided by committee), but will only moderate their area boards.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yvonne

I'm not sure who would be good for the general/off topic etc threads, not even sure if you'd have a mod for it. but it HAS to be someone that doesn't take things personally, and isn't afraid of the member's retaliation should they delete a post for any reason. Unfortunately I'm yet to see someone like that. So will be interesting to see who gets it.

~Edit: Also someone who isn't afraid to explain to the masses why a certain post/thread is deleted.

Reuben H for Mod of some description most possibly a Tech mod. Has mod experience as ex-akl rep and knows hit Sh!t on subies.

My 2 cents

Yvonne said:

I'm not sure who would be good for the general/off topic etc threads, not even sure if you'd have a mod for it. but it HAS to be someone that doesn't take things personally, and isn't afraid of the member's retaliation should they delete a post for any reason. Unfortunately I'm yet to see someone like that. So will be interesting to see who gets it.

~Edit: Also someone who isn't afraid to explain to the masses why a certain post/thread is deleted.

There are some Mod's who don't seem to get their backs up if questioned, but then the ones I'm thinking of also seem to put alot of thought into anything before acting so then there actually isn't any need to question them.

I personally think that anyone who takes a Mod position should be someone who has a pretty good idea of the general group dynamic on here too. Cause often pisstaking between mates could be seen as something much worse.

I'll nominate Kamineko for an overall Mod position. Haven't seen him loose the plot (yet, everyone has a breaking point :P ) and I like the work he's done in the past.

Koom']

[quote name='Yvonne said:

/quote]

There are some Mod's who don't seem to get their backs up if questioned, but then the ones I'm thinking of also seem to put alot of thought into anything before acting so then there actually isn't any need to question them.

I personally think that anyone who takes a Mod position should be someone who has a pretty good idea of the general group dynamic on here too. Cause often pisstaking between mates could be seen as something much worse.

I'll nominate Kamineko for an overall Mod position. Haven't seen him loose the plot (yet, everyone has a breaking point :P ) and I like the work he's done in the past.

He already has overall mod position.. as do the rest of the committee

funkytown said:

Are you planning on adding more Mod's into the mix, or nominate people to take positions once the AGM/New Committee have been sorted?

Koom']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

Are you planning on adding more Mod's into the mix, or nominate people to take positions once the AGM/New Committee have been sorted?

sorry not up to me to decide (just faciliating discussion)... is committee/club decision - think this is posted in the other thread. Will adjust first post to reflect where its at...

see first post

Guest Yvonne

Agreed.

I also think mods need to know how to use a forum, for doing other things like tidy up broken quote box's and stuff. Also can we get another nomination if they decline?

My nomination goes to koom as a tech or general mod. Been here 'since ages ago' and knows his shit.

matdaymon said:

Reuben H for Mod of some description most possibly a Tech mod. Has mod experience as ex-akl rep and knows hit Sh!t on subies.

My 2 cents

Well i don't know about that... i may know some stuff regarding TT's, but have generally been owned in past for getting stuff wrong (eh koom ;)). Plus i've learnt most of what i know from the interwebs, and not from actual experience :( I would decline if nominated for a tech mod. But as a general mod, sure, would love to help out.

kamineko said:

cool. tech area sorted. hopefully those people accept the nominations and a final outcome can be decided on

can we have hands up for the general board?

we never got that far.. me thoughts normal committee team as it is now..? clarification?

kamineko said:

cool. tech area sorted. hopefully those people accept the nominations and a final outcome can be decided on

can we have hands up for the general board?

I'd accept the nomination.

I also think the general and off-topic boards are two places that need more moderation than the tech boards. The tech boards seem to sort themselves out these days as whenever someone posts something stupid, they get either get corrected nicely and accept the correction or else they don't then they just get flamed which sorts it out. Its only when they get wound up at being flamed for saying something really, really stupid that the proverbial hits the fan and it all goes pear shaped. Although if its Committe only (and not everyone including Area Reps) moderating the general and off topic then maybe some of the past problems will no longer be able to occur??

Koom said:

I'd accept the nomination.

I also think the general and off-topic boards are two places that need more moderation than the tech boards. The tech boards seem to sort themselves out these days as whenever someone posts something stupid, they get either get corrected nicely and accept the correction or else they don't then they just get flamed which sorts it out. Its only when they get wound up at being flamed for saying something really, really stupid that the proverbial hits the fan and it all goes pear shaped. Although if its Committe only (and not everyone including Area Reps) moderating the general and off topic then maybe some of the past problems will no longer be able to occur??

yeah Koom this is all good common sense.

you'll find the 'committee' itself is rather sparse atm. and same with the reps. end result with less mods is a less chaotic forum.. at least until someone gets bored. but then things should be dealt with properly.

id like to see the modding job shift away from the committee. when things go wrong it does nothing for our reputation and we are pretty busy working on club stuff as it is. or should be

joker hopefully will take on the CC role after the AGM. i think this role needs to be revived as the main connection between forum & committee. nothing is going to stop him postwhoring the forums anyway :)

lots of stuff to sort out, but its great that there are members who can see with a little work and organisation things will come right

• General Member

I will chuck my hat in the ring for a Off Topic or general mod if wanted.

Im pretty isolated from the CS world outside of the boards so good luck accusing me of not modding friends etc.

Im also not afraid of being the big bad wolf, or of anyone who wants to have a flame at me.

If im not needed no stress but my offer is there.

I'll throw mine in too for general or off topic, dont give a s**t if i have to get up someone or have give reasons for getting up someone you will get both.

Call me all the names under the sun and ill still sleep at night ;D

and wake up my normal self.

P.s have already told Joker to tone it down today once...would be a warning if i was mod ;) and demerit points

Guest SPANKU

ive been doing this car forum things for as long as i can remember

never once i came accross with a mod that dont take things personally... not once!

give anyone abit of power and they will use it. personal or not ive seen my post got deleted and locked... so whats new?

mods here are doing a good job. they have the right to delete and remove any post they feel like. its part of the agreement in the disclaimer when u agree to sign up, so dont feel like they taking everything personal.

AMG is comming up which is good for people to put their point of view accross.

All of these silly stupid things that people are doing might as well call this site SUBmerge! where they all take their power for granted