Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

EOI: anyone that will lend me a set or 5x100 wheels + tyres for playday

i dont think there will be many people out there but just thought its worth a try

does anyone have a set of 5x100 wheels that will clear brembo brakes that i could borrow for a playday and we can discuss how much i would pay to lend them for a day

really cant be bothered buying my own at this stage and dont want to wear out my new street tyres

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it though, what's the difference to paying to wear someone elses out, and potentially damaging someone elses rims, as opposed to wearing your own out? Why are you 'keeping them for the street'? I'm not digging just genuinely curious as to what your reasoning is.

bro no one will even have anything that matches your description. esp narrowing them down to a re11 or re070

you can use mine, however you can buy them first.

hey, wait a minute, just use my car instead, its pretty much the same as yours

bro just harden up and get on the track, im doing manfield on my adrenalins on sunday, they will get destroyed but you dont see me complaining or making excuses

Spec C said:

ive only done 200km on them now , how much tread do you think it will wear out

well it was that i was lucky enough that my old man payed for my tyres to be honest was extremly lucky there , wouldnt be good to go home with only 3mm left on them

though i really want to see how i do now with these tyres and mx72's , would really like to get down to 1:23

it'll wear faster, the harder you push. I dunno, but I've still got abolut 1/2 the tread after 3 trackdays and about 7000k.

your on new tyres, what about the old ones? hopefully you kept them, swap them on and you all set.

on a dry day you want less tread, not more. lots of tread on new tyres = more heat from the excessive friction. tyres generally dont deal well with lots of heat and thats when they degrade, pretty rapidly too.

anyways, you can add this 2cents to the rest. you might have a whole dollar by the end of the thread! :)

Considering what ? Racing on Sunday ? That will take no petrol for a couple of laps, and it's a bit late notice because you have other plans ? Stop making excuses, come down, and don't be scared. You won't win, but you may not be last either.

I just resisted the huge urge to not correct 'brought'.

Petrol is about a tanks worth in most cars. The thing is mate, your car was awesome to begin with, that 7k can't be on maintenance alone. fuck the bank and his daughter and ride that pony to manfield.

Kevin I will hire you one of my sets of wheels with slicks on them for $300 for the day, if you have an off track excursion and damage/bend the wheels you own them, then you pay me $1500 (or I take parts off your car to cover the cost :) - sound fair?.

But I wouldnt advise driving on slicks when you have only done 1 track day on road tyres before.... its your call, but they are there if you want to take me up on that offer.

If I were you I would just use your tyres though, will cost less and you wouldnt wreck them that badly - its not like you are going to wear them right down in one day at the track! Your old tyres were pretty poked when you showed up to that last play day so it was to be expected that they would be toast by the end of the day.

You dont need other/better tyres to go quicker at this stage - you need more time out on the track. Experience is the best thing to knock those times down - you will learn more and more each time you go out,so if I were you, I would be trying to attend as many events as I can afford and not worry about new race tyres or power adding mods until you have reached the maximum possible limits of your current set-up.

You really should come along to Manfeild on Sunday and have a go at the back track - it teaches you a lot about car control as it is not just 3 long straights and a couple of corners. Its very different to the main track, and a heap of fun. Its also cheap for a day out there ($45 if you register today).

Spec C said:

that really is cheap , aww then theres overalls and helmet i dont have again :-\

yeah im thinking about the 28th but no promises

cheers for that Tony , il keep that in mind , though isnt it unsafe to use anythink more than semi slicks as i dont have a baffled sump

I'd say you would most likely struggle to keep the car on the track with slicks (due to not getting enough heat into them) rather than having too much grip to worry about oil surge - which is why I would advise NOT using them given your only experience thus far is on road tyres.

I just dont want to hire out my semi slicks as I only have 1 set of them and they cost quite a bit - so unless you want to pay more to hire them for the day I cant help with anything else except full slicks.

Spec C']

would be very easy to do it on the 28th though , all i need is overalls and im sweet

[quote name='Spec C said:

really got me thinking about the 28th now.

/quote]

we wont hold our breath kev. But im there on the 28th

if i make it , il try keep up with you to the best i can ;)

would be easy to attend all i need is a pair of overalls!

i can bring up a spare pair of overalls for the 28th.

Spec C said:

thats fair enough man .

i may just use my own as a lot of you guys say it will be fine . would you by any chance know what my car is capable now of ? its got re11 and mx72 since last time. my goal is to be only 2 seconds slower than what its capable of

its only the back track kev so different times. its not the tyres/ pads that are going to make you faster - its the seat time and DRIVER experience as you go out more and more.

Read peoples posts more carefully before asking the same question - Tony already told you the answer.