Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

EOI: anyone that will lend me a set or 5x100 wheels + tyres for playday

Spec C said:

no well if i dont get 27k for it , i will keep it and prob wont ever sell it , but i guess never say never ,

i was thinking future plans getting a gt2835 one day and blow the motor then forge it with a stroker kit

my idea of this car is that it is a street car but will do the odd track days. i want to make this car track capable ,somethink along the lines of in between street car and track car , still useable on the street and reliable , not make to much power to use to much petrol but also somethink that has power and handles very well , right now the cars fine , but in the future i think forge it to 2.2l and gt2835 would do the car good, also more handling goodies.

want to make it one of the best subi's or wrx's or gdb's in the country

If you're updating the turbo, i'll take the VF34 for $555 :P

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spec C said:

no well if i dont get 27k for it , i will keep it and prob wont ever sell it , but i guess never say never ,

i was thinking future plans getting a gt2835 one day and blow the motor then forge it with a stroker kit

my idea of this car is that it is a street car but will do the odd track days. i want to make this car track capable ,somethink along the lines of in between street car and track car , still useable on the street and reliable , not make to much power to use to much petrol but also somethink that has power and handles very well , right now the cars fine , but in the future i think forge it to 2.2l and gt2835 would do the car good, also more handling goodies.

Yet you can't afford a spare set of tyres or happy to use ur current ones as you can't afford it mate. Sorry but ur dreaming, and a 2835 would probably be on the small side for that setup.

Generally bigger turbo equals more petrol ;).... There is alot of conflicting information you have just written, you want to make from what I've read the car that is good for everything... Great power but low fuel use, great on the track but perfect for daily driver, great reliability yet you want it to do trackdays....Reliable is one thing, however trackdays start killing that one quickly. More handling goodies?? Why you don't even push it at the moment!!! You are just throwing money away for no reason, it feels like you just do it cause you can. I did the same at ur age on cars, would just get modifications for the car cause it should help. When in hindsight more track time would been of far greater advantage.

Then lastly you constantly bitch about being poor!!! WTF are you owning a Spec C for??? I can sense that is what everyone is thinking, why purchase a car outside of ur means...Then come on hear and let us all listen to you constantly whinge about costs, seriously WTF. U bitch about petrol yet you own a car uve easily spent over 40k on. For that I have a fully caged WRX that I can race on the track, and will have very nice engine setup shortly. And can be a daily driver if I wished it too.

One simple answer my friend that will solve all ur problems........ SELL UP!! And buy a honda!!

Spec C said:

Forget the "forge it to 2.2l" big waste of money & this didnt make any sence..."my idea of this car is that it is a street car but will do the odd track days. i want to make this car track capable ,somethink along the lines of in between street car and track car , still useable on the street and reliable , not make to much power to use to much petrol but also somethink that has power and handles very well "

WTF, This car is more than track capable, get your bridgestones & go trade it on an S2000, Then someone else will appreciate it :P & you will have some V-tec to mess round with ???

Thanks wrxer kind of beat me to it :)

what is 'track capable'? Mine is 'track capable' in that it's been on the track... I've seen a triumph on the bloody track. You're talking out your ass and you have no clue. My car is a mint daily, I f***ing love it, wanna swap? I love my car, I'd buy another, but I'll treat your car with the love it deserves; a foot buried to the metal blasting down the home straight of Ruapuna.

kev you talk out your arse. go put a bolt in cage in it, deliberately blow it up and then forge it and do what ever the hell but go away and quit the verbal diarrhea on here.

you dont have two cent to hit a track day, but talk of tyres, cages, turbos, forged engines..

like a bunch of others you starting to really fuk me off

Let me get this straight. You need to live off charity from family just to keep the car on the road. And yet you think it's a good idea to pay for car mods by borrowing more money? The problems with your car go far beyond your unrealistic expectations about people lending you wheels, having a fuel economical forged boosted track car daily driver, or any of the other stuff you post. You are going to end up broke, in debt, and eventually a bankrupt. Good luck living in the real world with that smeared all over your name. You need to wake up from your fantasy world and get some common sense about money, before the real world catches up with you and kicks your ass hard. Daddy and sister won't keep bailing you out forever. I out earn you by an order of magnitude or more, and I don't spend the sort of money you're talking about on my car!

Guest boostcut

this is off topic, but why the fuck do kiwis want to have road registered track cars? its pointless. get a track car and a road car. keeping the track car road legal and making it go fast, WILL cost you more than running 2 cars period.

boostcut said:

this is off topic, but why the f*** do kiwis want to have road registered track cars? its pointless. get a track car and a road car. keeping the track car road legal and making it go fast, WILL cost you more than running 2 cars period.

Well for me it's because to run in Rallies your car needs to have Reg and WOF...

And it also means if you don't own a trailer and tow car you can drive it to the track..

boostcut said:

this is off topic, but why the f*** do kiwis want to have road registered track cars? its pointless. get a track car and a road car. keeping the track car road legal and making it go fast, WILL cost you more than running 2 cars period.

amen, brother.

unless you've been there you just simply dont understand. but full power to those who want to give it a go anyway

boostcut said:

I agree with that i have two cars, the toyota van and the project BC5 that some of you know about, and this thread has been a great source of entertainment for me.

I honestly dont see the point in anything that this guy is talking about, for the money that he just spent on the can thats the budget for my entire project including the cost of the car!

I would be happy with a Spec C dont get my wrong, wouldnt say no if someone was giving it to me but to borrow that kind of money is just living outside of your means, i feel that saving and working to get them things that you want feels alot better in the long run, borrowing money just feels like cheating but that could just be me.

Also because i have the time the whole i want it to do everything just doesnt exist i mean you just cant have it do everything, just choose one and i know that someone has mentioned that already. to add if u have never been to a track day why all the mods, you need track experience i really dont have anything that will do that other than the van but that doesnt mean that i cant take it out there just to learn the track or even go passenger, inexperience is what will kill you on the the road and the track, i mean you wouldnt hand the the keys to your spec c to a learner driver of 16 (unless she was dam hot) and say go nuts would you its the same thing with the track, what was were you driving before?

I agree with the honda comment if u just want to learn a little honda would do u great learn car control and what not or a BD5 or an older wrx if ur wanting a subaru whats that like 2-3k?? so ur saving 23k already sounds like a deal to me, that 23k is alot of moneys but to each his own.

I just spent some money on my car on upgrading but after saving for months and much debates over if i should, but i did it to upgrade day to day driverablity, because as a lot of people have said u need to make a plan and budget and stick to it because most of the time you wont get your money back if u try and sell it and start on something else, make sure that if you dont have the means to do it or think that you arent going to stick to it dont bother.

i know that im going on a bit but this should be the last thing that i add. if you dont have the money then do something about it, i took a second job to afford the mods that i am doing in hope that one day in the future i can complete my dream car i know that it wont be done in a couple of months its going to take time and alot of hard work.

So harden up princess and make a choice

ok i have just thought of another thing, why a forged 2.2l just doesnt make sense, you can do a ej257 for cheaper and get more realiable power and a gt28 what the frak? come of if u are spending that kind of money on a forged stroked motor, which is no cheap option, go for something bigger gt35.

Just dont understand this at all after writing for so long.....

Guest boostcut
 madmike']

[quote name='boostcut said:

/quote]

Well for me it's because to run in Rallies your car needs to have Reg and WOF...

And it also means if you don't own a trailer and tow car you can drive it to the track..

yeah i understand rallying, but my idea of a track car is nothing standard suspension wise, this also means that you need a cert for every little change you do.

Depends on what sort of track car you're after - if you're wanting to have fun on track days etc then a road car with a few tweaks is fine, and to have a track-only when you only do a few track days is a bit of waste because you'll never get to enjoy it on the road.

Its only if you're entering time attack or racing or something that making a car competitive will compromise it a lot for road use.

And then there is the angle (which I suspect plenty on here might disagree with) of starting out with a more suitable car for track use instead of using a relatively big/heavy/practical road car then spending your money working against those characteristics. Everything is a compromise!

boostcut']

/quote]

yeah i understand rallying, but my idea of a track car is nothing standard suspension wise, this also means that you need a cert for every little change you do.

Tony S's and BT's cars are both still road legal....

They both have some serious mods..

newsuba']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

So much truth in the two above posts.

/quote]

Yes there is, I'd take a late model S2000 over a Spec C.

;D

s2000 nice enough but too torqueless for me.

madmike']

/quote]

What, mines standard as bro.... :D haha

BT']

/quote]

What, mines standard as bro.... :D haha

LOL...

Smart arse!!!!!

I think i spotted a standard petrol flap on it..

On another note, I dont think Kevin has any idea!

Have you added up what a 2.2l stroker kit and an HKS GT2835 is worth? Plus labour and all the misc items..??

Say goodbye to $15k at least! Then comes everything else... i.e. injectors

And this is speaking from experience!

Kevin is a troll, pure and simple... can't believe anyone still bothers with him and his incessant bullshit.

He is taking the piss, and you guys are all falling for it.